New member welcome thread...

Hello From Michigan

I picked up an 09 Raven FZ1 last week because well.....it was just too good of a deal to as up!!

Previously I had an 03 FZ1 and my go to bike has been a 2013 FJR. I also have a Suzuki C90 cruiser that doesn't get enough love.

I have noticed viewing the form that pictures are showing up. I was just reading a post on removing the rear tail section to install an integrated tail light. The post referenced pictures but the link wasn't working. Do I need a minimum number pf posts to view pictures are or perhaps the links were just not valid anymore?

Hello fellow riders!

My name is mike. I am currently living in this small town, that is in a hole (43 feet below sea level) pos called El Centro, Ca.
I recently bought an 07 FZ1. Used to own an fz6.. till i crashed it, broke my leg and back, and was on a 2 year riding hiatus.
Picked it up on craigslist san diego (PB).
10.4k miles a lot of gear (2 helmets,1 scada rider thingamajig, tank bag, back pack, boots jackets and what not)
for 4 grand.
I call her bluepis...
Bone stock bike... stock pipe sucks, replaced it with a Yoshi TRC slip on. Sound fudging awesome.
I am on the lookout for the fz1n conversion headlight, so if anyone has some spare parts or what not pm me.
Also, any recommendations on what to do to it? (service wise) The spark plugs are probably the original ones, should they be changed? Air filter is a must, oil has already been changed.
Thanks guys!! Hope you all have an awesome day.
Ride safe!

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 25
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-13.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-13.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 23
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-9.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-9.jpg
    263.5 KB · Views: 22
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-8.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-8.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 20
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-7.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-7.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 20
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-5.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-5.jpg
    308.1 KB · Views: 21
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-4.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-4.jpg
    281.5 KB · Views: 18
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-3.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-3.jpg
    262.4 KB · Views: 21
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-2.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-2.jpg
    303.3 KB · Views: 22
  • FZ1-motorcycle-small-1.jpg
    FZ1-motorcycle-small-1.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 21
Hey Mike, welcome to the forum! Welcome back to 2 wheels, too! Great choice of bike, awesome colour scheme -- with that nice Yoshi pipe and the Corbin seat, it looks like you're already all sorted out in terms of mods for now.

As far as maintenance goes, I wouldn't worry too much at 10,000 miles. Spark plugs will be fine still and the only thing I would address are consumables. You got the oil already but consider bleeding the brakes, changing the fork oil also check the coolant. Other than that, if the tires are more than 5 years old, you'd do well to replace them with a fresh set.

New owner from Milton Keynes UK

Hi there,

I have just taken delivery of my 09 FZ1 and love it. I have had loads of bikes in the past, most recently a classic YZF750. Its got a few mods and I plan just to enjoy it for now as the summer is coming over here.

17553640_10154467849474157_6217747408820319125_n.jpg17554344_10154479680169157_2062228240091752904_n.jpg

Last edited:
new member - looking into becoming a fz1 owner in the next few months

Hello everyone, i just joined the group since i am planning on getting a FZ1 in the near future. I am based in the UK and currently owning a MT-09 Tracer (or Tracer 900 or FJ-09). It is a lovely bike but i am looking into getting something older, cheaper to insure, but still fun to ride and own. The FZ1 will be used for everyday riding, weekend rides and the occasional tour, solo and with the wife. I am interested in the Gen 2 and i will be looking, particularly, into threads relating to its set up for touring.

Thanks for the add!

Hello everyone, i just joined the group since i am planning on getting a FZ1 in the near future. I am based in the UK and currently owning a MT-09 Tracer (or Tracer 900 or FJ-09). It is a lovely bike but i am looking into getting something older, cheaper to insure, but still fun to ride and own. The FZ1 will be used for everyday riding, weekend rides and the occasional tour, solo and with the wife. I am interested in the Gen 2 and i will be looking, particularly, into threads relating to its set up for touring.

Thanks for the add!

welcome! you will find a ton of good info and good people on this site.

My name is Cody, I'm 22, married, i work for ups, live in Oregon, and i ride a 2007 fz1 just picked it up last night. My other bike which is now for sale is a 1999 Suzuki bandit. Which I found out had a 10x more comfortable stock seat than the fz1 lol. So I'm currently trying to find a dirt road Eddie seat. If anyone has a lead on one message me. I've been riding for 4 years.

My name is Cody, I'm 22, married, i work for ups, live in Oregon, and i ride a 2007 fz1 just picked it up last night. My other bike which is now for sale is a 1999 Suzuki bandit. Which I found out had a 10x more comfortable stock seat than the fz1 lol. So I'm currently trying to find a dirt road Eddie seat. If anyone has a lead on one message me. I've been riding for 4 years.

Welcome to the site! What part of Oregon? Some great riding up there in the Summer Months.

Hi and hello

Just a quick hello to all on the forum. looking forward to reading all the latest problems, mods etc
New member old man lol

FZS1000 2002
Full monty
R6 shock
Gilles
Adjustable stainless dog's
White dials
Renthals, R&G bar ends

R1 front going on soon R1 master
Tail tidy going on soon
4deg advancer and 15T to fit

Back