New member welcome thread...

Just picked up a 2003 FZ1 with 13k on the clock. No pictures yet just took it off the trailer last night, will post some soon.:D

As promised.
Still on the trailer in my barn/shop.
DSC04309.jpg

Ready to ride.
DSC04312.jpg

Looks good

I see that you have a jump on the Mods already. Is that a Akrapovic can? Aftermarket screen as well. Nice that someone else spent the money for you.:party0011:

I see that you have a jump on the Mods already.... Nice that someone else spent the money for you.:party0011:
Yes the original owner had kept all reciepts and records,:deal: he did spend some bucks modifing it.

.....that's a Two Bros. Pipe...

You are correct! But since the bike was bought primerily for my wife to ride the stock can is already back on it.:( I may put it back on later. The guy I bought it from said it had never been rejetted and that he thought it was running a little lean.

Hey guys and gals,

New member today. Had my '08 FZ1-N for a year now. LOVE IT!!!
Just happened across the forum as I was looking for info on why it was running poorly... all better now :)

Living in south east of England. Bike instructor by trade (well, and yoga instructor, personal trainer, builder, etc etc).

Anyways, nice to find some like minded hooligans. :)

Nix:cheers:

welcome from the Great White North

Welcome from Canada. Just about anything you'd want to know and lots that you don't can be found here. Enjoy. Been over on your side of the pond a few years back, loved the B-roads and roundabouts. I want to get back again, and this time travel on two wheels like people were meant to!,:rmwl:

Hey guys and gals,

New member today. Had my '08 FZ1-N for a year now. LOVE IT!!!
Just happened across the forum as I was looking for info on why it was running poorly... all better now :)

Living in south east of England. Bike instructor by trade (well, and yoga instructor, personal trainer, builder, etc etc).

Anyways, nice to find some like minded hooligans. :)

Nix:cheers:

Welcome Nix! Great to have you on board. There are quite a few members from "across the pond" that frequent the site. :welcome:

Hello my name is Matt live around Spokane, WA just bought an 08 FZ1 last Monday. Married and have 2 of the coolest worst behaved dogs in the world but we love em like they're are kids.

Hello my name is Matt live around Spokane, WA just bought an 08 FZ1 last Monday. Married and have 2 of the coolest worst behaved dogs in the world but we love em like they're are kids.

Hi Matt and welcome! How are you enjoying the new bike? What are the temps like in Spokane this time of year? I hope your gonna have some time to enjoy the FZ for a while. I'm not sure what kind of winters you guys have out there.

Hi Matt and welcome! How are you enjoying the new bike? What are the temps like in Spokane this time of year? I hope your gonna have some time to enjoy the FZ for a while. I'm not sure what kind of winters you guys have out there.

Well to be honest my bike is sitting in the garage waiting for the State of MI to send me a license plate. I am in the Military and it was cheaper for me to plate it in MI. The weather has been pretty good mid to upper 50s the last several days and sunny. Hopefully it holds out until I can at least get one ride in. The winters here are usually pretty rough but over the last 3 years I have been here I have gotten to ride at least once a month its just cold and snowy.

Hi I'm Thomas. I live in Southern California, hold the boo's, and have been riding on streets for a year now. Recently I've been commuting about 110 miles round trip each day through (literally) bumper to bumper traffic. I have around 4,000 miles ridden in the past 2 1/2 months and I'm learning a lot. I had an '86 XT600 that I was riding, but spent more time working on it then riding it. I set out looking for a new(er) bike and went to the dealership to see about an FZ6. While there I saw an FZ1 and the rest as they say is history. Its a 2009 in granite/black Raven and I can't get enough of riding it.

Background: 6 years active duty Army and 4 years Army National Guard. I'm an electronics technician turned network administrator. B.S. in Economics and am now a single parent, which is why I get to do all the cool stuff like shooting, fishing and riding without all the nagging.

Welcome from Canada. Just about anything you'd want to know and lots that you don't can be found here. Enjoy. Been over on your side of the pond a few years back, loved the B-roads and roundabouts. I want to get back again, and this time travel on two wheels like people were meant to!,:rmwl:

Thanks! I lived in Ontario for 14 years.. very lovely, but yes, it is nice to be back in the land of B roads!

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a week or so, and decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Monte, and I'm a 42yo living in central VA. I started riding at 25 on an '80 Yamaha 650 Special II. Other bikes I've owned include an '86 Honda 700 Nighthawk S, an '83 Honda V65 Magna, and a '75 Honda CB550 Four. I rode year round for about 8 years, until a chance meeting between my front tire and a roofing nail on the highway left me with a plate and seven screws in my shoulder as a souvenir. Since then, I've rarely ridden, but the "itch" to get another bike has gotten worse and worse.
Last week, I stopped by my local dealer with a good friend and found an '04 FZ1. The pricetag was $4500, so I figured it had a lot of miles on it. When I learned it only had 3051 miles on it, I was truly in love. I wanted it on the spot, but my friend dragged me out of the store lol. I went home to do my "due diligence", checking blue book value, reviews, etc. After two hours, my mind was made up, and we returned that same afternoon. My buddy suggested I ask them to throw in a helmet and store credit for a back tire, and they agreed!
So far, I'm taking it slow, mainly just trolling around my apartment complex, getting used to the clutch, throttle, and brakes. I plan to take the MSF class as a refresher before I do any street riding, but at least I'll have a chance to get my riding legs back in the meantime.
Anyway, sorry for the long intro, and thanks for the chance to participate in a great forum. Here is a pic of my new baby. She looks pretty much stock, so I'm sure there will be plenty of mods to come.

Last edited:
Welcome gviking

Looks like a nice bike. I like that colour combo on the Gen 1's. Should be a comfortable ride considering the shoulder. I had shoulder reconstruction about three years ago, and I have no trouble with the Gen 2 that I ride.:tup:

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a week or so, and decided it was time to introduce myself. My name is Monte, and I'm a 42yo living in central VA. I started riding at 25 on an '80 Yamaha 650 Special II. Other bikes I've owned include an '86 Honda 700 Nighthawk S, an '83 Honda V65 Magna, and a '75 Honda CB550 Four. I rode year round for about 8 years, until a chance meeting between my front tire and a roofing nail on the highway left me with a plate and seven screws in my shoulder as a souvenir. Since then, I've rarely ridden, but the \"itch\" to get another bike has gotten worse and worse.
Last week, I stopped by my local dealer with a good friend and found an '04 FZ1. The pricetag was $4500, so I figured it had a lot of miles on it. When I learned it only had 3051 miles on it, I was truly in love. I wanted it on the spot, but my friend dragged me out of the store lol. I went home to do my \"due diligence\", checking blue book value, reviews, etc. After two hours, my mind was made up, and we returned that same afternoon. My buddy suggested I ask them to throw in a helmet and store credit for a back tire, and they agreed!
So far, I'm taking it slow, mainly just trolling around my apartment complex, getting used to the clutch, throttle, and brakes. I plan to take the MSF class as a refresher before I do any street riding, but at least I'll have a chance to get my riding legs back in the meantime.
Anyway, sorry for the long intro, and thanks for the chance to participate in a great forum. Here is a pic of my new baby. She looks pretty much stock, so I'm sure there will be plenty of mods to come.

Congratulations on a nice bike and a good deal considering the mileage. And just so you know that color scheme is sometimes referred to as a "skunk" :D

Hi I'm Thomas. I live in Southern California, hold the boo's, and have been riding on streets for a year now. Recently I've been commuting about 110 miles round trip each day through (literally) bumper to bumper traffic. I have around 4,000 miles ridden in the past 2 1/2 months and I'm learning a lot. I had an '86 XT600 that I was riding, but spent more time working on it then riding it. I set out looking for a new(er) bike and went to the dealership to see about an FZ6. While there I saw an FZ1 and the rest as they say is history. Its a 2009 in granite/black Raven and I can't get enough of riding it.

Background: 6 years active duty Army and 4 years Army National Guard. I'm an electronics technician turned network administrator. B.S. in Economics and am now a single parent, which is why I get to do all the cool stuff like shooting, fishing and riding without all the nagging.

Welcome Tom...As you're learning first hand riding the FZ1 can be quite addicting ;)

Back