New member welcome thread...

I'm kevin from vancouver,wash. currrent 06 fz1,last 01 fz1.Single and love the bike still have my 1990 yz490 although at 47 have to go street,joints don't like the dirt so much any more,lol.But to all out there really need some help.My 01 had a seat that had a perforated covering and am not sure it was oem or not.My 06 seat needs to go so if any one can get me to a softer seat for the old guy I would appreciate it.Sargents at 400 bucks is too much thinking corbin or other brand?.

There are a couple of sets for like 50 buck on ebay you could put some extra foam in them and re-stretch the fabric. dont know your how handy you are at this kind of thing but its an option. Other than that there really isnt anything much cheaper. you could buy a seat pad as well until you save some pennies for a real seat. make an add on here as well for a used one post people will part out there bikes before they sell them.

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and also new to two wheels. This is my first bike its a 2006 FZ1. Ive only rode it a handful of times in the last week that I got it due to the fact that I have yet to get my endorsement and Insure the bike. I look forward to learning all about the bike. I traded it for my 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. The bike has a few things done to it. Full Yoshimura Exhaust. Power Commander and Dynotuned. I am very curious as to turning it into a "streetfighter" I really like the minimalistic look. So...What do you guys think I should do. where can I find a link to an upgrade path? what does everyone prefer? etc.

Hey everyone,

New to the forum and also new to two wheels. This is my first bike its a 2006 FZ1. Ive only rode it a handful of times in the last week that I got it due to the fact that I have yet to get my endorsement and Insure the bike. I look forward to learning all about the bike. I traded it for my 1994 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. The bike has a few things done to it. Full Yoshimura Exhaust. Power Commander and Dynotuned. I am very curious as to turning it into a "streetfighter" I really like the minimalistic look. So...What do you guys think I should do. where can I find a link to an upgrade path? what does everyone prefer? etc.

Go ratbike :)

Skickat från min GT-I9100 via Tapatalk 2

Hi from the UK everyone, new to this forum so just a quick intro...
After years riding sports bikes I decided it was time for a change so I am now the proud owner of an 09 FZ1-S
It's fairly standard at the moment apart from taller screen, tail tidy and Hyper Pro springs. Loads of tuning tips here so it looks like the original cat's are the next thing to go....
Cheers.... Biff

I'm Russ and am in the SF Bay area. i just got my hands on an 09 and did a whole lot of research here before I bought it. Right now, I also have an FZ6R and am somewhat active on that forum.

Russ

Saying Hello

Hey everyone.
My name is Ken. I'm from Brantford, Ontario,Canada ( home of the "Great One").
I had numerous bikes YEARS ago, my favorite being the 1985 RZ350 that I bought brand spanking new (yes I'm old LOL).
Then came marriage, the kids etc. and I made a deal with my wife that I'd wait until the kids got bigger until I got a bike again. Every spring I hear the bikes come out and long for one but I stuck with the deal.
The kids are now teenagers and last year I decided that I had waited long enough. In January (the deals are good then) I bought an 01 Suzuki GSX750F Katana which I've put about 4,000 kms on this year.
My buddy Paul that I regularly ride with has a Kawi ZX-9 and I gotta tell you the Katana is nowhere close to keeping up with him. That added to the fact that I was ready to move up led to me buying my 2001 FZ1 which I just registered today. I think it'll be a bike I can keep for years and whether we're out having a little fun in the country or I have my wife on the back going for a footlong in Port Dover it'll be right at home. I think they're the best "all-arounder" on the market.
I've been lurking around the forum for a while trying to sponge up as much info as I could and I have to say that this is a great resource.
So the journey begins.

blud nut

:stunta]::stunta]:hey guys girls .live tasmania.i.m a operating theatre tech doin it for 24 years had few bikes started on fz 50 suzuki ,gp 125 suzi,gsxr 750 85 mod susi ,gsxr 750 90 mod,fzr 1000 92 mod yam,fzr 93mod,thunderace 96,thunderace2000,fz1s 08 odne more than 5 hundered thousand km on these bikes ooh there has been trail bike as well

New Member and FZ1N Owner

G'day all,

PK from Wollongong Australia here.

I just picked up my new FZ1-N Today. Wow!! I'm still smiling :) what a big difference from the 400cc Honda CB400 I previously owned.

I have a few plans for it. The usual modifications - Slip on, Belly Fairing, Screen, Sprockets etc....

One thing I did notice on the ride home however was the dreaded buzzing/vibration around the 4000-4500 rpm range. The bike only has 50km on it!!! I'm hoping I can find a fix soon. Being the naked version, i'm not sure where it could be coming from...It sounds like under the front tank cover.

Curious to know if anyone local here?

Great site, excited to be joining the 1000cc club :)

Introduction

Hi everyone
My name is Colin i'm from fife in scotland
just bought an 06 FZ1s 2 weeks ago and love it covered about 300 miles on it and feel i'm starting to get used to it. it came with a few mods cool seat no idea who made it stubby exhaust can which sounds tasty i had new gold bars and bar ends fitted which i really like i plan to keep this bike for a long time and hope improve the condition of it over time

Hi everyone
My name is Colin i'm from fife in scotland
just bought an 06 FZ1s 2 weeks ago and love it covered about 300 miles on it and feel i'm starting to get used to it. it came with a few mods cool seat no idea who made it stubby exhaust can which sounds tasty i had new gold bars and bar ends fitted which i really like i plan to keep this bike for a long time and hope improve the condition of it over time

Welcome! Watch out for cracks in the frame weld below the tank ;)

Hi everyone
My name is Lekan from Lagos, Nigeria.
Just started riding and now addicted. I've owned an 08 FZ6, 10 FZ6r and just got FZ1-N and a Harley VROD.

Hope to learn a lot.
Thanks

Hello. I just bought an '09 FZ1 after one test ride and will be taking delivery this Saturday. It felt really natural after having an R1, and I'm looking forward to some longer rides with less back pain.

Hi all. Mark here. I recently moved to West Virginia (teaching at WVU). Beautiful riding out here! I have a 2003 FZ1. Love it. But...I just went down on it a couple of weeks ago with a low side slide. The front was destroyed but most everything else is okay, or at least nothing that a few parts and paint won't fix. I'm using this as a chance to improve the bike, which is what brought me to this forum. It never even occurred to me to look for an online FZ1 forum which is a shame, because I've been missing so much! Now I can't stop trolling the different forum topics. What I'm tackling right now...I just picked up a great set of 2003 R1 forks that I'm going to put on the bike. Seems like a mod that several have done and seems highly recommended.

New FZ1 owner....

Hello all my name is Tony and my nickname is Yogi, I live in South Florida (Broward County) I just got a 2008 FZ1...
I had a Kawasaki Concours but never did any sport touring and wanted a lighter bike so off with the Kawi and in with the FZ1...

The FZ1 already had a few mods, Campbell slip on, pazzo levers, handle bar risers, K&N filter, tinted windscreen....

I seen all the cool mods you guys made and I am on it, going with the big air box mod, smaller flys, gut the cat and get rid of the AIS....

Bike is running real lean need a PC-3....

Well all wanted to say hi and ride safe....

Back