New member welcome thread...

Hello i'm Ian and i live in the North East ( UK ). Owned my 2007 FZ1s for a couple of months now. Carrying out some modifications over winter to the bike that i have fallen in love with, decat headers, Akropovic end can, Dynojet Pc111and airbox mod. Trying to summon the courage to do the butterfly mod but scared i'll drop the screws inside. Will post some pics when i figure out how.:icon_beer:
Cheers :)

Its ok ian, the primary flies are below and stay closed, so no crap goes down below.

Introductions

Hi everyone

I live in rural New South Wales about 2 hours south of Sydney. Lots of motorbikes come through our village on the weekend because of the twisty roads and scenery and proximity to big smoke.

I have an 05 Gen1 which my son gave to me after trading it for a car. It has high miles and needs a bit of TLC but is generally reliable.

My first bike was a Suzuki 250 (hustler in oz) bought in 72 was a 69? model with twin leading shoe drum. Soon got yam dt100 then ty250b.

Bought cb500/4 from my brother in 74 or 5. Then bought a new 860GT duke in 76. Somewhere in there the was a yamaha 180 (60's model) that my wife rode.

Bought a R90S BMW (ist model) in 1991 and enjoyed that until I moved and couldn't fit it in the truck. Then a 1980 Ducati SSD which i just sold to an enthusistic collector.

The FZ1 is a hoot, just got to sort it with replacement parts needed after 143000 wear. Took it on a 400km run and back in August and it was fine.

I am married and have 1 daughter 28, and two sons 25 and 19. I enjoy most days maintaining 20 acres and looking after sheep, pig, dog and chickens.

Regards Chris

Hey,

Didn't realize this thread was here as I already introduced myself in another post, but I'll add a few details...

I was born in San Antonio, Texas - but I've lived all over the US. I'm currently in Katy, TX which is just west of Houston. We are in the process of retiring to our farm in Yoakum, TX - which is about 95 miles west of Katy. We have 18 plus acres there. Our goal is to establish a vineyard on the property and build a winery. Our first order of grape vines (700 Blanc Du Bois and 700 Black Spanish) was placed in September for delivery in February.

I'm 56 now and I've had my MC license since I was 15. My first bike was a 71 Suzuki TC90. From there I went to a 75 Suzuki 380, then up to a 74 Suzuki 750 (Water Buffalo), after which I switched to Honda for a 1980 CB750F. My first Yamaha was a Seca 750 that I rode to college in the early 90's. Since then I've had a Kawasaki Ninja 650R (which is now the wife's bike), a Suzuki Hayabusa, and two Kawasaki ZRX1200R's (a Black 2001 and a Green 2005). I sold the last of my street bikes (the 2005 ZRX) a week ago today. That was the start point for my new/old ride that I purchased on Thanksgiving day - a 1997 Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace! I hope to restore this bike to its original glory and then ride it until the wheels fall off!

Last edited:
New FZ1 owner

Hey all, My name is Stu. I live in Orlando and as luck would have it I just won the BikeBandit Project recycle FZ1 giveaway. So that makes me the new owner of a 2004 FZ1. Ill be on here pretty often just like I am over on the Triumph forum, picking ya'lls brains for new and exciting ways to blow my cash on mods for the new bike. See ya around.

Heres the link to the bike I won.
Project Recycle- Yamaha FZ1

Hi Guys.
A Brit newbie here from not so sunny Blackpool.:flash:
Got my pearl white FZ1S about a week ago now, and love it to bits! (apart from the lousy fuel consumption!:shaking head:)
Previously been a Mechanical Engineer in the British Army (17 years), so modding is in my blood, and I'm gagging to get started on the big Fazer.
Hopfully be getting some modding info off you FZ veterans, so hopefully watch this space :newbie:
Previously had:-
'07 Tiger 1050
'98 R1 streetfighter (Built by me)
2 x Fazer 600's
'01 Aprilia Futura
'00 SV650n
'89 GS500

Hi Yall'l for Tejas!!! Picked up an '06 Candy Red FZ last week from a local. I'm the 4th owner but the bike has not really been modded much and definitely not ridden hard. Has 8700 + miles on it (and it has the 16T sprocket so that's stretched a bit).

Already had an "06 Softail Deluxe in the Garage that I use as my "let's do so real HW miles" ride. I fully "dressed" it out w/ TourPack, lowers, and Hard Bags.

The Harley and Yamaha could not be further apart. The FZ is a real kick in the A$$ for this geezer.

Been riding for 50 years and have owned about one of everything at one time or another.

Will be lurking around the forum to pick up more about the FZ and what can be done with it.

D

Hi to you all..

My name is Hörður Karlsson (Road name 5-Cent) and i am as my nick indicates, from Iceland.. yup The little island in the north Atlantic ocean..

I started riding again in 2010 when i bought my previous bike Honda VT 1100c Shadow, a great bike overall but not the best for long distance riding, so in the springtime 2012 i decided to do something about it, started looking at the options and in the end, there was only one.. 2002 Yamaha FZ1 Fazer and it was just like discovering the motorcycle again..

To me, riding is not only fun, it is a lifestyle..

Best regards 5-Cent

Hello from Castle Rock Colorado

Hey there, I am Jason from Colorado. I joined the forum as I love the FZ1. I am looking at getting my first one this season. I have grown up on bikes starting in the dirt and in the last year finally getting on the street. I have ridden 600s, adventure bikes and the like. But at the end of the day I still want an FZ1. Being on a bike, well there is nothing more therapuetic or freeing either on dirt or on street. :sport12:

Hi my name is Doug. I currently live in Dover, Delaware and work as a Civilian Electrician on Dover AFB. I retired from the Air Force in Oct 2011 after just over 23 years. I am married to my wife, Isabelle, who is from Belgium...which is where I would love to get back to if I could land a job there. We have no children.

I just purchased a 2009 FZ1 in Cobalt Blue. Prior to this I have owned an 85 Kawasaki Ninja 600R, 98 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R, 04 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R and 07 Suzuki Bandit 1250.

Additionally, I am an Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) Instructor. I also belong to the FZ1OA Forum.

Looking forward to spending non-riding time on this site and hopefully one day riding with some of you.

Take care,
Doug

Hi Doug, welcome! :) You'll like it here, it's a hell of great community

You've had a nice mix of bikes so I look forward to your impression of the FZ1

Hi folks. I've been on an 02 FZ1 for about a year and a half. Put on right around 20,000 miles since I've had it. I had a series of inferior machines prior to discovering the FZ. It's a great bike.

Looking forward to what I can learn here :)

Hi my names Andy just traded up from an 04 R6 to an 07 FZ1 with 3000 miles and all stock( but not for long) got it for a steal at $2900. Looking forward to reading good info in this forum.

Hi!
I have a 2006 FZ1 in red with a few mods, had it since June last year, been lurking around the site for info on a few "issues" with my FZ1, namely the annoying fuel snatch, and thought what the hell just register as a member, be rude not to!

This isn't my first FZ1, I did have a 2008 FZ1-N in white before this one, but house buying came into my life and "needs must" as they say so she reluctantly was sold, however here I am with another, and she is a beauty!

Look forward to mingling with the members on this site! Will post some piccys in the appropriate section!

Thanks! :Rockon:

Hi,
My name is Eric, 55 years young, been riding since I was 12. I recently changed rides from a Suzuki SV1000, and wanted a more upright ride. Finally decided on the FZ1. Best choice I could have made. Bought the bike in November last year, 08 model with 15000km on the clock. Totally in love with the bike.

Hi folks. I've been on an 02 FZ1 for about a year and a half. Put on right around 20,000 miles since I've had it. I had a series of inferior machines prior to discovering the FZ. It's a great bike.

Looking forward to what I can learn here :)

Grommet! Welcome! It's about time you made it over to this forum! It's a good place. You'll fit right in. I'm on the other forum, too - under a different name.

New member Jan 2013

Hi all,

Decided to join the forum as I am about to pick up a 2007 FZ1 GenII and don't know much about them.

Been riding for years on and off but recently (2years) got back in the sadle after a long break due to my ex writing herself off (not dead but close)in a car accident and I become a full time dad for the next 10 years. I have spent the last couple of years on an old ZX10 but thought it was time for an upgrade and went the Fazer for the riding position. I'm 44 and getting off the bike like a half shut pocket knife is not my idea of fun anymore:) But at the same time I'm not dead yet so a cruiser is still aclong way off!

I am a BDM in a telco business in Hobart, Tasmania (small island at the bottom of Australia) for those geographically challenged members:) I have a new wife and two new rug rats to keep me poor but luckily the minister for war and finance (wife) supports my passion.

I look forward to chatting to other like minded FZ1 owners on the forum and getting some info from those in the know...

Cheers

Dean

Back