New owner - Houston TX

Hi everyone,

I purchased a silver '06 fz1 w/ 5k miles a few days ago and it has been a great ride so far. Only major problem is keeping the speed down... :)

It replaces my first bike, an '03 sv650 purchased in '08 and then stolen last year.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about the fz and working on it quite a bit. First up I want to do the FCE

I posted the same intro post over on FZ1OA, I've been bouncing around between the two boards and have learned a lot so far.

Walt

Hi everyone,

I purchased a silver '06 fz1 w/ 5k miles a few days ago and it has been a great ride so far. Only major problem is keeping the speed down... :)

It replaces my first bike, an '03 sv650 purchased in '08 and then stolen last year.

I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can about the fz and working on it quite a bit. First up I want to do the FCE

I posted the same intro post over on FZ1OA, I've been bouncing around between the two boards and have learned a lot so far.

Walt

Welcome to the boards and the world of the FZ1. There is a great group of friendly people here with tons of knowledge.
:welcome:

There are two of us that I know of in the Houston area on this board. We are both on the north side of town off 249.

You may also want to check out motohouston.com for local rides and meet & greets. Just be prepared for an accurate reflection of people in this world. I have met a lot of great people there but there are a few on those boards i hope to never meet. :)

P.S.......
:needpics:

Welcome Walt. We are glad you found your way over to our side. You can learn a wealth of info from either site. Like Brad said, post up some shots for us to see. Congrats on the "new to you" ride!

Welcome Walt, I had an 06 prior to my 08 they are magnificent machines. You may want to check into installing a fuel cut eliminator, (Ivan's FCE mod) that particular year was known for a very jerky throttle.

Great score with only 5k on it though, the liquid silver is still one of my faves! Great to see another Texan onboard as well!

Cheers!

Joe

Last edited:
Welcome! Another Texan! :) I live in North Texas, but I'm callin all these yahoos up next time I'm in Houston for a ride! Nice score on the silver! My second favorite color of FZ1! This is a great website, I've done a ton of my own maintenance and mods using the knowledge of these guys here! They ROCK!

Back