New Owner Sticky

Is there an existing sticky for new owners? Searched, but do not see one specifically targeted towards new or potential owners.

Break-in methods, FI expectations, aftermarket mods, etc.

Something like a Wiki that is current which contains successful and unsuccessful mods with their reasons and is updated with the most current information would be helpful.

Thanks.

the issue there is that there are differing opinions on all of those..

I'm one that fully believes and practices that break-in = beat it like a rented mule from day 1... without pity, without mercy.

FI Expectations depend on the year of the bike, and how smooth of a rider you are anyhow.. I have friends with 06's who never bought a FCE, and they don't complain about fueling problems... also, mods like removing the flies / using smaller flies will effect this... as well as airbox mods... Power Commander... etc etc...

So.... short answer is.. there is no such sticky, because these answers / formulated blueprints for success - don't exist.... it's different for every bike, and every rider...

I do not believe There is one than encompasses all of that. Most of the info is easy to get. Always break it in according to The owners manual. For the Gen II 06 had the glitchest FI. This has been address by Yamaha in small increments in ECU tuning since 06 but still not perfect. A PCIII helps mask it and Ivans FCE seems to be the ticket. For other info just run a search on your topic and you should find a answer or a new way to spend your hard earned cash.

And do not be afraid to ask anything except whats the best oil to use for that PM Crazyjoe directly.

This is my thrid bike since 1998, but I am coming from a Kawasaki 500 which has been unchanged since 1993, so it was easy to build that database.

It would be interesting to list each year with mods, the option spectrum and whatever works best.

A .pdf owners manual would be good too since I don't have one yet and potential owners could use it for quick reference to better formulate a concept.

The same falls true for the FZ. You have two models Gen I and II, 01 to 05 and 06 to present. The only difference with in the Gens is paint colors expect GenII's with ECU and they are interchangeable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back