new project [long]

:party0011:I have been absent for about 2 weeks on here and hunkering down in the garage working on my new toy. lots of long days and not much riding just getting the toy up to my specs.first a little history..I have been into lifted trucks for about 15 years my first being my 87 mazda 4x4 which i have owned for 24 years 89 S10 Blazer on 5" lift,82 K5 on 8 suspension,84 K5 on 7",01 Ram on 10" you get the picture.Our most recent rig was an 01 ZR2 Blazer sweet truck but really bad for hauling anything only lifted that truck 2".I have been hankering for another fullsize but not solid axle like most of my other big boys just an IFS for mild wheeling and mostly street use which brings me to the newest toy 1995 Chevy K1500 Z71 extended cab already had 2" lift and flowmaster cat backs.I went to look at it about an hour after selling the ZR2 and man this thing was a pig sty,I think there were mushrooms growing in the interior but the interior was undamaged in spite of the filth.ouside was just as nasty like it hadnt bben waxed in years but all power options worked and truck drives awesome with a 5.7 so i brought her home.the wife and I spent about 12 hours on the interior pretty much gutting it and cleaning top to bottom came out looking like new very pleased.the body didnt fare as well with scratches but is rust free and only has one bad dent on the drivers door.found a guy local to buff it for 40 cash.stripped all the stickers,wheel well trim and side mouldings off. truck is black so i am gonna go with a roll pan,cowlhood ,powdercoat front bumper,tint windows and fresh paint I will post up some pics soon as wife took my beast to work today

I was at autozone picking up parts and when i pulled in low and behold there was my truck I sold 2 1/2 years ago hadnt seen it since I sold her,my most awesome truck.2001 Ram q cab 7 suspension,3 body,custom duals ,roll pan Mopar PCM 37" MT'R's Alpine,JL audio system 4.56 gears locker rear and when i saw it I about puked it was trashed which anybody that knows me knows I am VERY ANAL about how I keep my stuff.I walked in and yelled at the kid and punched him in the stomach!! Ok his dad and I go way back to the jetskiing days so he was a family friend which gave me the right to smack him up,I guess

Great project! What brands of lift do you perfer? Do you like suspension lifts, body lifts, or a combo of both?

I want to do something with my Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I had a TSB done for the rear and they replaced the leaf packs which raised the rear almost 2". Now I'd like to level it out. I'm considering a 2" spacer insertion above the front shocks. 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Leveling Kit

Ideally, this is the look I'm going for.
attachment.php

This is another guy in NH. He's gone WAY beyond looks though as he's put in heated seats for ALL passengers, TRD Super charger, TRD CAI and TRD superflo exhaust from front to rear. I got to see this truck in person this spring when we had a Tacoma meet at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH. WOW!!!

I almost always do a BL and Skyjacker or BDS suspension. I'll have to put some pics of some of the monsters Ive put together over the years.This one is probably not gonna get any taller as i dont want to regear and I need it for towing just make her look sweet

Great project! What brands of lift do you perfer? Do you like suspension lifts, body lifts, or a combo of both?

I want to do something with my Tacoma TRD Off-Road. I had a TSB done for the rear and they replaced the leaf packs which raised the rear almost 2". Now I'd like to level it out. I'm considering a 2" spacer insertion above the front shocks. 2005-2011 Toyota Tacoma Leveling Kit

Ideally, this is the look I'm going for.
attachment.php

This is another guy in NH. He's gone WAY beyond looks though as he's put in heated seats for ALL passengers, TRD Super charger, TRD CAI and TRD superflo exhaust from front to rear. I got to see this truck in person this spring when we had a Tacoma meet at the Budweiser plant in Merrimack, NH. WOW!!!

nice color too hahaha

Back