new to forum - looking for riders in MO/AR

hope this is posted in the right spot - looking for anyone interested in getting together for a friendly small group ride this spring in and around the SW Mo NW Ar. area - maybe a run from eureka springs down 23S to the pig trail then back..
yeah, there snow on the ground right now - but it wont be long and well have some decent days..I ride an 07 FZ-1 - I like to ride medium paced, not hell bent fast - I ve been riding for 20+ years with only one spill on the road - dont plan on anymore...if your interested send a reply

efzed1,

There are several of us in the STL area. I am interested, but I would have to make it a two dayer. That way I don't have to ride the slab to get there the same day. Not a problem for me, though.

I have had my KTM 250 XCF-W on the Pig Trail, but it is not very much fun. The FZ1 (09) would be great. Maybe stay at Mulberry Mountain again (on the Pig Trail North of Cass).

Cheers,

MrHix

Welcome and congrats on the FZ1!

Tell us a bit more about yourself. Check out the links in my sig to give you some threads to reply in, post some pics, tell us about you and give us a rider resume.

Glad to see another careful rider here! :D

efzed1,

There are several of us in the STL area. I am interested, but I would have to make it a two dayer. That way I don't have to ride the slab to get there the same day. Not a problem for me, though.

I have had my KTM 250 XCF-W on the Pig Trail, but it is not very much fun. The FZ1 (09) would be great. Maybe stay at Mulberry Mountain again (on the Pig Trail North of Cass).

Cheers,

MrHix
well Mr Hix - i am in for a ride anytime you can make it - I would probably split on you after day 1 though (although I understand you wanting to spend the night as St Louis to Mulberry is a long haul) - I get real busy in spring because of my job so late feb (or earlier)would work for me if it works for you - otherwise i have to stall until late June as we work 7 days a week in spring :(
let me know what you think - hopefully we can pull something together.

Welcome and congrats on the FZ1!

Tell us a bit more about yourself. Check out the links in my sig to give you some threads to reply in, post some pics, tell us about you and give us a rider resume.

Glad to see another careful rider here! :D
thanks for the welcome - I'm just "Mr. Average" - 38 yrs old - wife and 4 kids, and a mortgage :) love riding bikes - been riding since I was a kid, had a few different bikes over the years - but dont consider my self an exceptionally fast or talented rider - like playing it safe - dont see the need to wheelie (but dont mind watching others wear their bikes out)
I ride a Blue 07 FZ1 (which is fast enough stock, for me) - I bought it new in 09 from a dealer left over - prior to that I rode an 04 ZR-7S - prior to that a multitude of dirt bikes and a GSX 1100F (showing my age huh)
Anyway I am always in for rides with sensible people - I dont like young punks that have no sense - and I dont like having to pick people or expensive bikes up off the pavement.

ahh, so you must have some money then - cause simple; math 4 kids = no money
I'm planning on them for my retirement :)

God I wish. My wife keeps a zoo here that costs us plenty. Just had to spend $1k on surgery for a freaking ferret of all things. I told her she could buy 10 ferrets for the cost of the surgery. She loves her pets. I love my bike.

So,

efzed1, do you live in the SW MO area. I was thinking I would ride the back roads down to that area, spend the night somewhere, and ride the Pig Trail etc with you the second day. The only dates booked right now are the 26 - 27th of Feb for the MO Rally around Salem (hope Travis Pastrana is there).

I'll keep looking at the weather.

Cheers,

MrHix

So,

efzed1, do you live in the SW MO area. I was thinking I would ride the back roads down to that area, spend the night somewhere, and ride the Pig Trail etc with you the second day. The only dates booked right now are the 26 - 27th of Feb for the MO Rally around Salem (hope Travis Pastrana is there).

I'll keep looking at the weather.

Cheers,

MrHix
Mr H - yep I am over near Neosho - perhaps I should meet you over in Branson or close there and we can then shoot down 65 to 23 then back up 23 to Eureka - either way I am game for Feb when the roads improve.

Back