New to the Forum

Dusky

Just moved to Oswego NY.
Single dad (year out) with two little girls 8 & 11 years old.
Owned a 1982 Honda CB750 Custom back in the mid-90's.
Had to sell. Been in a 15 year freeze. But now I'm finally able to get back into riding. Been looking for the past year. Took many bikes out for test rides. Ended up loving the way the FZ6 rode.

A friend of mine in Colonie, NY found one out of state, drove out and white-gloved it (so to say), took it for a test drive, he approved, ended up buying it. It only has 10K miles on it, but has storage damage from other things falling on it, inside cowling (sp?) broke, choke is broke, deep scratches on some of the fairings, chip on tank that's down to the metal and shows slight discoloration, and lastly, zipper scratches on tank from previous owner and ding in tank from bb gun! Other than that, it won't make the bike go any slower...so I said BUY IT! Got a really good deal. I've turned many other bikes away because they were not in that "blue".

Anyway, some of the parts are coming in, he's fixing some of those items for me...while keeping it in his heated garage for the winter. I told him to keep the radio playing and put a warm blanket on it for night night time!

Welcome aboard... I have found that the small bottles of modeling paint are a great way to touch up scratches. I lay a few drops in and then use a little rubbing compound on a drill buffing wheel.

Craig

Welcome! Glad to have you here. We have lots of Gen I folks here that know that bike inside and out and can help with any issues or concerns.

Oswego! The company I work for, Sprague, has an oil terminal there. I have not been there myself but I keep volunteering, especially in the summer, to see if I get the chance to ride the Fizzer out there. ;)

Ride safe!!

Back