New to the fz1

Just recently picked up an 07 fz1, don't really know a whole lot about it so that its why i joined here. The bike i had before that was a 1985 honda sabre 750 so this is quite a step up for me lol. My fz1 was a virgin when i got her but i already ordered the rear fender delete and am also going to throw a slip on and a power commander on it, also have tossed around the idea of doing the fz1n headlight conversion but not for sure on that yet. But anyway hope to learn alot from all you guys along my journey into the world of fz1's :sport12:

Last edited:
I also have a 2007 cobalt blue (blue is faster) FZ1. I recommend upgrading the suspension before the power, but I'm sure others would disagree.

I don't find the stock FZ1 to be terribly weak on power, but 1st gear is a bit tall. Many will replace the 17t front sprocket with a 16t front sprocket. I haven't done it yet because I prefer the lower RPMs at highway speed. It should be a very cheap way to make it feel stronger at lower speeds.

I'm sure you will enjoy this bike. Let the modding begin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and congrats!

I'm with Troy having learned the hard way. Suspension really made the bigger difference in enjoying the ride. Performance is already there and can be tuned with mods.

We'll gladly help you out with any questions.

-Eric

Just recently picked up an 07 fz1, don't really know a whole lot about it so that its why i joined here. The bike i had before that was a 1985 honda sabre 750 so this is quite a step up for me lol.

If you have not been there yet, make sure you're holding-on tight as the tach approaches 8,000 rpm... :)

hi

had that honda myself still miss it a bit.let the luv affair begin with the fz1 she is a rare thing u will crave more and more:evillaugh:

I sold my 2003 Honda VFR 800 to buy my 2007 FZ1 cobalt like yours.

Cobalt has the 2009, but it is in the faster blue. MrsCobalt has the 2007, formerly in blue, but now in purple with full fairing. I love my cobalt blue 2007, but I'd love to have all the mods Cobalt has. I'm trying to think of another one to make him buy, but I'm at a loss for now. :gagged:

Back