New Yamaha Bars

Would these bars require new/longer cables & hoses?

I'd like a more upright position, but don't want to have to mess around with recabling, etc.

I diasagree. It's about double what it would cost to make it yourself with equal parts.

Well this just sucks! I think I paid $100 for my riser extensions and now they have a nice clean solution for not much more.

Well looks like the online discount dealers are selling them for a little over $130 + shipping. I suppose it's not that bad a deal since they are Yamaha parts...

http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/pa...=4&catalogFilter4ID=56&catalogFilter5ID=81954

http://www.partshark.com/fiche_select.asp?mfg=Yamaha&partnumber=1CA-F34A0-V0-00&bigSubmit=Search

Would these bars require new/longer cables & hoses?

I'd like a more upright position, but don't want to have to mess around with recabling, etc.

Hard to say w/o knowing how much of an additional rise you end up with at the controls. I would imagine that you'd be fine as it would be silly of Yamaha to try and sell something that's going to require longer cables and hoses (which they don't sell).

The bar has a higher bend than the stock FZ1 one, but it looks like the rises are much shorter so you're probably only looking at a 1-1.5" rise, which the stock cable and hoses can accommodate.

I don't think they would give you much rise if any. Everything i find on them is that they just change the style of bar. Leaves me thinking that they put the grips in the same spot, just a curved bar instead of the strait drag bar. I like the style and am in the market for something more stylish, may order a set in a week or two, if i do i will post up the difference.

I don't think they would give you much rise if any. Everything i find on them is that they just change the style of bar. Leaves me thinking that they put the grips in the same spot, just a curved bar instead of the strait drag bar. I like the style and am in the market for something more stylish, may order a set in a week or two, if i do i will post up the difference.

I tend to agree with you that the difference in rise is not going to be that much since the bar risers themselves are much shorter. I'd say 0.5-1" higher at most, but that could be a significant change for some riders.

Thanks for the links NJFZ1. I ordered them from the first site you listed and saved $50 over my local shop, even with shipping. Should have them in a week. Looking at the pics, the cables will be fine not much of a rise difference, if any. I was going for the bend over rise anyway. These new bars are very similar to my ProTaper bars that I have always used on my dirtbike.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links NJFZ1. I ordered them from the first site you listed and saved $50 over my local shop, even with shipping. Should have them in a week. Looking at the pics, the cables will be fine not much of a rise difference, if any. I was going for the bend over rise anyway. These new bars are very similar to my ProTaper bars that I have always used on my dirtbike.

Great! That place always has great discounts on OEM accessories. Looking forward to the pics and overall riding impression with the new bars.

They look like the FZ6 bars I put on my 2007 FZ. They fit right on though I had to reroute the switch harness and drill 1 hole for the throttle switch locator pin and they only cost me $40.

All Done. They are a little over an inch higher. Quick ride impression is good.

Before
FZ1009.jpg

and After...

FZ1031.jpg

FZ1030.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting those pictures. With only a rise of a little over an inch I take it there were no issues with the cables or brake lines right?

None at all, bolted right up. And it brought my GPS lower toward the bike which I wanted.

Overall for $140 dollars I am very happy, however the test will be n the first real ride.

Back