North Eastener's Show me your Roads

So I am VERY interested in this run as broussos is not far from me to begin with, and I could just tag along with him.

Only problem is I have no luggage for my bike other than my tail bag, and I don't have the cash to get saddle bags right now.

What am I going to need to bring with me?

Oh and Johnny, the ride is not going to be a problem with your current gearing. I am not changing my gearing for it. These motors love to rev, and as long as we don't hold it over 80 the whole time I don't see there being an issue with fuel economy.

It's basically going to be an overnighter. We will end up getting to our destination at my camp in maine probably after dark. I have a big tent we can set up and a futon in the house and another cot in the house,though there may be a couple other riders coming along too.The weather can be cold up there at night,the last time we did this run we froze our butts off the last hour or so,and got rained on. So I would say definitely rain gear and something warm,put it in some kind of bag or pack and strap it to the back seat.I don't have luggage either,but if one of my friends come he will be riding my bmw (recently crashed his concours) and there would be room in there to carry a couple things if needed.

Last edited:
If its hot and sunny, I will most likely be there. I am just concerned about the camping thing, I wont have any way to take a sleeping bag and whatnot up there. We shall see.

It's basically going to be an overnighter. We will end up getting to our destination at my camp in maine probably after dark. I have a big tent we can set up and a futon in the house and another cot in the house,though there may be a couple other riders coming along too.The weather can be cold up there at night,the last time we did this run we froze our butts off the last hour or so,and got rained on. So I would say definitely rain gear and something warm,put it in some kind of bag or pack and strap it to the back seat.I don't have luggage either,but if one of my friends come he will be riding my bmw (recently crashed his concours) and there would be room in there to carry a couple things if needed.

So after re-reading this, where exactly are we staying? From what I gather, it sounds like you have a house in Maine and we are sleeping on the lawn in a tent?

It's a 1 bedroom cabin,my wife will be up there with our friendly dogs. I have a futon and a cot in the house I have a few sleeping bags and a 2 man and a 6 man tent if needed. It's a solar powered homestead thats off the grid but we have satellite tv microwave oven refrigerator shower w hot water and pretty much everything you could need. Its on 52 acres and we can shoot guns out there or whatever,have an atv and trails. Its at the end of a 1 mile long gravel road.We have a fire pit and unbelievable views of the milky way at night. There is no light pollution out there.I can give you guys more info as the days get closer,but it probably will be necessary for 1 or 2 people to sleep in the tents.I can also work up a map of the route if you like......Bob

On the 23rd of May I would like to embark upon a North Eastern Tour. Any Noreasters out there care to show me what you got. I will take a week to two weeks or until the wife says get you ass home. If I cant to the Gap this year I want to find the best stuff around home. BTW I will get good video of you on your favorite roads with my Go Pro promise.:cheers::cheers::cheers:

Good thing you're waiting until the 23rd. As you can see the rest of this week is a wash here in the NE. Hopefully this means that next week will be dry and maybe we'll have a decent Memorial Day weekend to top it off...

Come to my place on thursday pick up some padded bicycle shorts we will meet up with the RI and Mass crowd on Friday hit some roads there and head north. If you got the time we can hit the best in the north east over a couple of days on the way back.

I have time the other thing I dont deal well with is heat never used to bother me until about 1 1/2 ago since I started taking heart meds.

i was just thinking too how much some of the roads have begun to suck from the winter we had. i won't even go down some roads because the potholes are so bad. any of you local guys seen the same stuff?

i was just thinking too how much some of the roads have begun to suck from the winter we had. i won't even go down some roads because the potholes are so bad. any of you local guys seen the same stuff?

We had those pothole issues around here also. Although by now they have been fixed for the most part. Still have to watch out as there are some small, but nasty ones left out there on secondary roads.

Back