North Houston Sunday Morning Ride - 7/17/2011

Jeff (Pyrogenic) and I will be going for an early morning ride this Sunday morning through Sam Houston National Forest. We will likely meet around 7:30 - 8:00 am at the Breakfast Nook in Tomball.

Please let me know if you are interested and I will PM you contact info.

Brad

me and geno (papa type) will be meeting up and on our way up to the kancamagus highway in new hampshire, about the same time you guys are meeting up. enjoy yourselves. have a fun and safe ride. :stunta]:

Only 10% chance of rain until noon. We should have no problems with weather today. See you at 8.

LOL
Since you mentioned rain - I couldn't resist telling you - I am parking the Mustang for 2 more paychecks (I need to renew insurance/registration) and making the bike my every day driver. It's been HOT (106 last week) and I'm getting used to it. HOWEVER - tonight as I was leaving the house for my 5 mile commute to work - it started drizzling on me as soon as I left the driveway. LOL No big deal. A little rain something bikers have to deal with. Then the sky opened up and poured water for about 5 minutes!!!! : owned:
LOL
When I pulled into the parking lot at work = NO RAIN!!!!!! GGGGGRRRRR!!!!!!!!
LOL
It was just a passing cloud that dumped a whole lot of rain in a concentrated area. I guess I was just lucky :party0011:
I hope you guys had a great ride - wish I could have come.

Good News and Bad

We had a great ride. We met for breakfast at The Nook at 8:00 am. I had my favorite southwestern omelet on the planet.

We met Bill (WABBMW) for the first time. It was instantly apparent that he is just a super nice guy. Salt of the earth type. We hit the road promptly at 8:45 after filling up our tanks.

I swept since Bill had not ridden with us before. He did a great job and rode very well. We went a little over 100 miles before we turned around to head back. We took just a few photos where we turned around an the end of 3090.

6853d1310928105-north-houston-sunday-morning-ride-7-17-2011-dsc03311.jpg

6854d1310928105-north-houston-sunday-morning-ride-7-17-2011-dsc03312.jpg

6855d1310928105-north-houston-sunday-morning-ride-7-17-2011-dsc03314.jpg

Just 10 minutes after these photos Bill had a run off in a left hander. He is perfectly fine the bike has some damage but was ride-able albeit it a tiny bit awkward with the bars a little bent. We limped home at slow pace and just enjoyed the scenery for once. I will let Bill fill in the details if he wants to.

P.S. It was hot as hell out. No Brownwood hot but hot enough!

Last edited:
Back