Nurburgring '09

Hi all

Just got back from 4 days at the Nurburgring. It was AWESOME!!!

A few pics attatched - video to follow once I've got some heavy editing done. Got a full on-board lap filmed thanks to some discreet camera positioning and some Gaffer Tape Engineering...

Best time round was 11:08 which is fairly respectable considering I don't really know the track (it's 12.7 miles long) and there is everything from Porsche GT3's to campervans whizzing round at the same time!!

If you ever get the chance - DO IT!

Cheers!

Simon

Hi all

Just got back from 4 days at the Nurburgring. It was AWESOME!!!

A few pics attatched - video to follow once I've got some heavy editing done. Got a full on-board lap filmed thanks to some discreet camera positioning and some Gaffer Tape Engineering...

Best time round was 11:08 which is fairly respectable considering I don't really know the track (it's 12.7 miles long) and there is everything from Porsche GT3's to campervans whizzing round at the same time!!

If you ever get the chance - DO IT!

Cheers!

Simon
Damn you! That is on my list of stuff to do before I die. I hope it was awesome! What was your top speed?

Yeah - there were a few Kia's that turned up late on Sunday to razz a few laps and generally annoy everyone in the car park!! They were a long way from being the most impressive hardware there.....(see more attached pics!)

Top speed - hit 135 mph on the final straight before running out of track. And balls!

Cheers!

Simon

That must've been a great experience and some great pictures you took there! I like the last one of the guy on the Ducati 848 waving :lol:

if ya have not figured it out by now.....some of us might be a bit jealous!

the gixxer/ducati, were they part of your traveling group?

Adam

Yeah - I'm feeling the jealousy! And that's cool because it really is THAT good. Oh yes. Bloody dangerous though. We saw plenty of very expensive crashes (Armco £200 per metre, closure of track £1300 per hour plus your insurance company will not be at all interested!)

Those bikers wern't part of our group But these guys were:

Geord - in his fast Skoda
Benno - SV650
Matt - Tuono
Thom - CBR
Max - Nutter with a GSXR 750 with multi-coloured fairings lapping in 8:30.

Cheers!

Simon

Back