O2 sensor

johnnyontherocks

The Cosmic Avenger
I will be installing a full Yoshi system this week and would like to sell the entire stock system header,canister,exup and O2 sensor. Do I have to have a PC in order to run the bike without the O2 sensor or will the bike run ok with out a PC and O2 sensor? I will be adding a PC ASAP.

You need a PC with a full exhaust.

AW

The the PC will be coming in the next week or two. I would like to put the entire stock system up for sale canister,header, servo and O2 sensor. I don't know if I have the will power to not start the bike or should the weather allow a opportunity for a very short test spin, if you know what I mean:laugh2:

The the PC will be coming in the next week or two. I would like to put the entire stock system up for sale canister,header, servo and O2 sensor. I don't know if I have the will power to not start the bike or should the weather allow a opportunity for a very short test spin, if you know what I mean:laugh2:

Well you will quickly find out that there is a very limited market for used Gen II exhausts...I would suggest you keep it in case you ever have to return the bike to stock for some reason.

And if you start the bike w/o the O2 sensor it will run, but you will get a fault code. I don't suggest you really ride it until you get the PC and load an appropriate map for it.

Last edited:
Tony, If I fit a Yoshi R77 full system and retain the O2 sensor, does it need the PCV asap?

Well you wont get an error code since the ECU will still see the signal from the O2 sensor. However, being as how the R77 is a full exhaust I'm sure the fueling wont be optimal with no PC V. Not sure how much the stock ECU can compensate for it. To be on the safe side I would ride it too hard until you get the PC V and an appropriate map installed.

Ah ok, thanks Tony. Just trying to work out when I can afford both (or one after the other). Might have to just buy the exhaust and leave it in the garage till I can afford the PCV.

I will be installing a full Yoshi system this week and would like to sell the entire stock system header,canister,exup and O2 sensor. Do I have to have a PC in order to run the bike without the O2 sensor or will the bike run ok with out a PC and O2 sensor? I will be adding a PC ASAP.

As stated, hard to get rid of stock stuff and usually best to hang on to it as Tony said BUT... if you want to unload the header for short cash, I'm calling dibs. I'd like a spare to "get creative with" and leave my stock pipes alone. :tup:

Well you will quickly find out that there is a very limited market for used Gen II exhausts...I would suggest you keep it in case you ever have to return the bike to stock for some reason.

And if you start the bike w/o the O2 sensor it will run, but you will get a fault code. I don't suggest you really ride it until you get the PC and load an appropriate map for it.

Just installed my PC III, it did not come with the plug for eliminating the O2 sensor. I called Ivan (purchased my PCIII from him) and he assured me that you do not need this plug, no error codes should appear. I hope this is true, will keep posted.

Back