***Official 2010 Deals Gap Thread*** (Updated OP)

Cruzman, kyfa25, and I will get there on Friday. We're camping--essentially across the lake from you according to google maps. I posted a map for our Saturday Ride earlier in the thread. We'd like to meet anyone who's already there.

If most of you will be arriving Saturday what are your plans for Sunday Morning?

Cruzman, kyfa25, and I will get there on Friday. We're camping--essentially across the lake from you according to google maps. I posted a map for our Saturday Ride earlier in the thread. We'd like to meet anyone who's already there.

If most of you will be arriving Saturday what are your plans for Sunday Morning?

I tried to find that map again and couldn't --- it would be nice if you had a post number for it. I was going to mention that the map you laid out for 375 miles isn't gonna happen in one day unless you make it a 14 hour day.

I assume we'll have everything. I just looked at the website again and it does include towels and linens. It says full kitchen so I guess it means pots, pans, etc. It probably won't hurt to call anyway just to be sure. We're "Golden"! Just a few more days.

I've stayed in a variety of cabins in the area and they have all been fully equipped. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I will also be bringing another coffee pot to make sure we have enough for everyone in the morning.

Well if Robbinsville has a Catholic Church I'd like to ride over for the mass there early, then I'm free for the week. We havent got any rides set in stone yet but I'm sure we'll work all that out when everyone is there. I'm assuming that we will have more than one "group ride" in addition to spending time riding "free spirited" in whatever direction feels good that particular day. I don't expect everyone to make the trek to "Cooters in the Smokies" with me but if anyone wants to come along it's fine with me.

I've stayed in a variety of cabins in the area and they have all been fully equipped. I don't think we have anything to worry about. I will also be bringing another coffee pot to make sure we have enough for everyone in the morning.

I will be bringing in a couple of pounds of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to get the mornings off right!

If you never had some, it will ruin your tastebuds for cheap coffee forever.

I get some 3 or 4 times a year as a special treat.

My brother also sent me a couple of gallons of Maine Maple Syrup, I will be bringing a fifth in for the waffles/pancakes.

Y'all want me to bring some meat or other perishables in?

Well if Robbinsville has a Catholic Church I'd like to ride over for the mass there early, then I'm free for the week. We havent got any rides set in stone yet but I'm sure we'll work all that out when everyone is there. I'm assuming that we will have more than one "group ride" in addition to spending time riding "free spirited" in whatever direction feels good that particular day. I don't expect everyone to make the trek to "Cooters in the Smokies" with me but if anyone wants to come along it's fine with me.

There's bound to be at least one around there somewhere!
Prince-Peace Catholic Church - Google Maps

I tried to find that map again and couldn't --- it would be nice if you had a post number for it. I was going to mention that the map you laid out for 375 miles isn't gonna happen in one day unless you make it a 14 hour day.

I've done more miles than that in less time! But I'll admit it's pretty ambitious :sinister:, Guess I've been hanging out with too many folk who are just getting warmed up at 375! Besides, I was thinking more like 12 hours.:flash:

Either way, maybe we can pick some place to meet Sun Morn, after Mass.

We are planning on staying at Cheoah Pt Campground. I'm going up very early on Friday, Cruzman will be up Friday afternoon/evening.

The route I want to do Saturday is about 375+ Miles from Cheoah Pt Campground through Deals Gap, Little River Rd though Great Smoky Mtn Park, BRP on to Hot Springs, 19W back to BRP to Hwy 28 Back to Camp.
attachment.php

Image shows route starting and ending @ Deal's Gap Resort

I will be bringing in a couple of pounds of Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee to get the mornings off right!

If you never had some, it will ruin your tastebuds for cheap coffee forever.

I get some 3 or 4 times a year as a special treat.

My brother also sent me a couple of gallons of Maine Maple Syrup, I will be bringing a fifth in for the waffles/pancakes.

Y'all want me to bring some meat or other perishables in?

I pretty much have the pallet of a dog. not use to fancy food -- just your basic staples. Folgers is purty good coffee though.

There's bound to be at least one around there somewhere!

I've done more miles than that in less time! But I'll admit it's pretty ambitious :sinister:, Guess I've been hanging out with too many folk who are just getting warmed up at 375! Besides, I was thinking more like 12 hours.:flash:

Either way, maybe we can pick some place to meet Sun Morn, after Mass.

Your a bit quicker than me with the searches Tamer! I found the same church. It's only 10 miles from the Ridge so it looks as though that will be my first stop Sunday morning. Mass is at 8:30am. After that I'm up for anything.

Church.jpg

Folger's ain't bad ... I am talking about that no name foil bag crap you find in stores.

Some of it also finds its way in office coffee pots .... <shudder>

Look at it this way ... good food is a gift to your body. :D

Folger's ain't bad ... I am talking about that no name foil bag crap you find in stores.

Some of it also finds its way in office coffee pots .... <shudder>

Look at it this way ... good food is a gift to your body. :D

Most folks don't agree that coffee is a gift ---- But I do. I've cut back to 2 pots per day.

As far as food for evening dinner. I planned one one eve doing a shimp and scallop Alfredo. I am bringing most of the stuff I will need but figured I could get the rest down there.
As for cookware I will need a big pot for pasta, and a strainer.lol

If anyone is unsure about the dish we can coordinate efforts to see that those who would rather not have it comes up with a secondary dish for the eve. I know it cant be easy getting everyone to like the same stuff. So I will be more than happy to disclose the contentes of the Alfredo. It really is a simple but mouth watering meal. Will serve with a Italian bread to slice up.

I make it Mild with cayane on the side so anyone can cajun it up as desired.

Man I cant wait to load up and get Down there.:disturbed

How long does Mass last, An hour? Maybe we meet y'all at the house around 10 or so?

Well, just keep in mind that I'm planning on mass. I may be the only one going so I'm not looking to mess with the other guys plans for the day. If they want to scoot early I will catch up with them later. I don't want to hold the others at the house waiting for me.

I just spoke to Ron. What a nice guy! Everything is set for Friday. I am assuming that Joe (Currently) will be there on Friday. Thats okay. Ron says to just go in the house and make yourself at home.

Ron assures me that we need absolutely nothing in the house. Everything we need, except for female companionship, is taken care of. From linens to cutlery, we need nothing.

Also, Ron explained to me that as your coming on Route 148 you turn onto Lucinda Reed Road. Once on Lucinda Reed you keep bearing to the right, no left turns. You'll see a gate at the Ridge #1188 Lucinda Reed Road. It will be closed but unlocked. He said to just open it up and head on in.

So I guess we'll see everyone this weekend.:yes:

Back