Official 2014 Moto GP Discussion Thread-Do not come here if you haven't seen the Race

Yeah, i yelling and screaming at the TV when they did not show the mistake that let Lorenzo back in the lead with 4 to go.

Great racing!

But you still get to see so much more of the race than being there in person.

That said, I renewed my ticket for next year's Indy MotoGP because of all the extras they included at substantial discounts.

Boy I thought Lorenzo finally had a chance to beat Marc outright but true to form he came on at the end and pulled out yet another W.

Jlo has the skills, no question.

Problem is, the Yam has to be pointed into the corners with both wheels in line... The Honda can be thrown around at will if the riders has the cajones, which MM does. He will always dive bomb his way into the lead it's just a matter of picking a spot.

I am amazed watching MM how much he counter steers the bike compared to Jlo, almost every corner exit he has that bike sliding. You would think his tires would be shot by end of race.

What a great race, It was nice to see Rossi pushing so hard to the point that MM was pushing to try and keep up with him.

Also as much as I want Yamaha to win, it is awesome to see just how competative MM is. He was so far behind but never game up and ended up getting one point on the last lap. Amazing stuff.

Good race. I would however, like to see them take away that grass from all the run off areas. Ianone, Rossi, and one other rider who I can't remember off hand, probably could have been saved from falling if it had been gravel instead of grass. It was pretty much like ice as soon as you ran off course. In any event I'm happy to see a Yamaha win even though M.M. still has a three race lead in the point standings.

What a crazy race. I stared in disbelief and Marcez and Pedroza refused to come in and swap bikes.... Good for Lorenzo for riding a smarter race.

Any updates on Rossi? That looked pretty awful with him lying unconscious like that.

He took a hit to the head and was concussed but reports being 100% now. He was really positive about his performance on Sunday and seems confident he'll be strong in Japan

Motegi this weekend and it's shaping up to be a hell of a race!

Qualifying Results
1 Andrea DOVIZIOSO Ducati Team Ducati 308.3 1’44.502 -
2 Valentino ROSSI Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 305.4 1’44.557 0.055
3 Dani PEDROSA Repsol Honda Team Honda 307.6 1’44.755 0.253
4 Marc MARQUEZ Repsol Honda Team Honda 306.9 1’44.775 0.273
5 Jorge LORENZO Movistar Yamaha MotoGP Yamaha 303.7 1’44.784 0.282

Dani crashed on his final qualifying lap but he's ok. Brilliant riding from Rossi who was just 5 hundreths off Dovi despite the Ducati's super soft tire

I think we're going to see Rossi take the lead at the first corner and Marc & Dani get stuck behind Dovi for a few laps

Last edited:
Good race. Marquez wraps it up for the year! Great riding by Lorenzo and Rossi , too bad about his finger

What I predicted came true but I didn't think Jorge had the pace he did. There's now basically a three way tie for second in the championship. Philip Island should be great as usual

Great Race, I wish Jorge had that form at the start of the season. Moto 3 was a cracker. I predict a double Marquez championship year.

2 days until I head to the Island, I can't wait.

There's now basically a three way tie for second in the championship. Philip Island should be great as usual

That is actually pretty exciting. I have a feeling the Rossi and Lorenzo can put Pedroza behind them in the points at Phillip island. They both look so good right now.

Crazy race! I've not watched the Moto3 yet but I heard it was 'performance of the year', full stop. I will download it and watch later. MotoGP, though, was madness. I can't recall seeing so many incidents in one race before. Stupid mistakes from Bradl and Ianonne which resulted in Pedrosa and Aleix being taken out of the race.

I was really pleased to see Crutchlow way up in second place but he fell victim to the Bridgestones as Marquez, Pol, Lorenzo and the others did. I counted 9 DNFs including Brock Parkes who retired because of an injury, I believe.

Rossi's celebration of the win said it all, didn't it? That and this photo:

https://twitter.com/M_Turco/status/523715970083217409

Really pleased for Smith as well. The guy could barely keep it together during his interviews. He really battled hard to get up there and into third at the end of the day. Well deserved

Was an awesome weekend, I've got some pics & Video from the race. I'll have to see if I can get them off the phone, camera & gopro and upload them somewhere.

Here's one of my favourite pics I took, the crowd went nuts after this race.

Attachments

• 20141019_134317.jpg
    20141019_134317.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 52
Back