Oil Pan Part Number

Just found out the used 06 FZ1 I bought a month ago has a stripped oil drain plug when I went to change the oil this morning. Need to replace the oil pan, but ron ayers only has part numbers for the entire crank case. Any help?

Thanks, been looking most of the day and couldn't find it.

You're welcome. Sometimes I am baffled over which fiche to locate the correct part. I don't understand the classifications of some of it but I did know where that one was. ;)

You could take the pan off, have the hole drilled and helicoiled and put just the new drain plug in. Might be a lot cheaper. Or, tap it for the next size thread and put a slightly larger plug on? Just some thoughts. :tup:

Just found out the used 06 FZ1 I bought a month ago has a stripped oil drain plug when I went to change the oil this morning. Need to replace the oil pan, but ron ayers only has part numbers for the entire crank case. Any help?

if you want to let go of your old pan just let me know . there seems to be quite a few members that have stripped out drain plugs . what I`m going to do is weld it up , drill and tap it to stock then , when a member strips one he can send his to me and I can send out the repaired one . make sense ? the only cost would be shipping

So I'm not the only one?

Hi, I think i've buggered my pan too. I tightened it up pretty good. Then found i'd put too much oil in so i unscrewed the plug, let some drain, and then put the plug back in except this time it never got to a stopping point so to speak. it is finger tight but when tightening it with a wrench it will just keep going round n round. :banghead:

So how bout them drain pans? You still doing the swap? I've got an 09.

Hi, I think i've buggered my pan too. I tightened it up pretty good. Then found i'd put too much oil in so i unscrewed the plug, let some drain, and then put the plug back in except this time it never got to a stopping point so to speak. it is finger tight but when tightening it with a wrench it will just keep going round n round. :banghead:

So how bout them drain pans? You still doing the swap? I've got an 09.

I will be happy to turn one around for you . so far nobody has wanted to donate one . as long as you dont mind the turnaround time I will be happy to help out

Well good news actually. I found that I only stripped out about a little more than a quarter inch of the threads due to the short plug i was using. I had bought a plug that had a magnet in it which worked well except that it was less than half the length of the oem plug. So i just put my oem plug back in and I think ill be ok. thanks for the reply though. Man what a relief!

Well good news actually. I found that I only stripped out about a little more than a quarter inch of the threads due to the short plug i was using. I had bought a plug that had a magnet in it which worked well except that it was less than half the length of the oem plug. So i just put my oem plug back in and I think ill be ok. thanks for the reply though. Man what a relief!

cool , ya got to like the easy fix ! I`m still looking for a donor oil pan to get this going if anyone has one please lmk . Mark

06 Oil Cleaner Leak

Just stripped my 'oil cleaner' bolt last week. went to replace the pan and gasket last night and now i have a leak i cant figure out.

I have an 06, and it looks like the pan changed slightly from 06 to 07 and the gasket is different. everything seems to line up with the exception of one bolt that was deleted in the middle of the pan.

Now im getting a leak from a small hole in the back of the pan near the center stand. there is an o-ring that is pressure fitted into this hole by breather and thats all in place.

any one have any ideas?

:shaking head:

Just stripped my 'oil cleaner' bolt last week. went to replace the pan and gasket last night and now i have a leak i cant figure out.

I have an 06, and it looks like the pan changed slightly from 06 to 07 and the gasket is different. everything seems to line up with the exception of one bolt that was deleted in the middle of the pan.

Now im getting a leak from a small hole in the back of the pan near the center stand. there is an o-ring that is pressure fitted into this hole by breather and thats all in place.

any one have any ideas?

:shaking head:

Without having them side by side to compare them it's hard to say what your options are. I did verify that the part numbers are different between the '06 and '07 pans. Not sure why they would have changed them, but seems like the '06 may be a one year deal.

Back