Ok gentlemen, and ladies!

The time is approaching for me
To change my fork oil. Besides a fork tool, and fresh oil, should I purchase new seals as well? Anything else?
Thank you!!!

Missy, what year is your bike and how many miles on it? Seals are not too expensive. You might want to just replace them since all the work was done to remove the forks. Don't forget to get the seal driver! :D

I'd do seals and bushings.... and if you've thought of changing the springs... this is a good time to do it...

And if you change the springs you may as well change to better valves at the top of the fork. GPSuspension.com makes quality suspension products for our Yamaha's.
See how easy it is to spend your money:tup:

And if you change the springs you may as well change to better valves at the top of the fork. GPSuspension.com makes quality suspension products for our Yamaha's.
See how easy it is to spend your money:tup:

Another option is check with Race Tech or Traxxion for seals, valves and other goodies.

That said, it they aren't leaking they are fine.

NH! Im quickly approaching 15,000 miles..
Thanks all! I think I may go ahead and order seals, springs, valves, etc and do it all at once! Think I'll order the seal tool as well. :)

I'd be willing to ship my seal driver when you are ready. You pay shipping to and from and you can use it! How must is that small flat-rate USPS shipper?

That wouldn't be bad! $10.00 for the use of the tool? You will not need it for another 25k miles (likely) so..... ;) Let me know Missy!

Back