OK, so I got the BMC ordered....

drclarksmith

I was just wondering what type of airbox mod/ throttle body/ whatever else I should do when I decide to replace the oem air filter. I would like to free up as much hp as possible. I'm wanting to gut out the catalytic converter also.

Here's what I've done so far;
1.) Power Commander III, with crappy internet mapping (gonna be dyno tuned when all the airbox mods are done.)

2.) Akrapovic Carbon Slip-On

3.) Bridgestone BT016 BattleAx's (front and Rear)

And that's all as far as perfromance enhancing goes, I've put on an LED integrated taillight kit which eliminated the rear fender. and LED front side marker/turn signal lights.

That's all so far. I really just need input on how to free up the last bit of hp and get her breathing right, then I'm gonna have the dynotuning done.

Please, your input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks NJFZ1, so whats the deal with Ivan's Plates? What is thier purpose? more air, sounds like I'm definetly going to need do this as well ad then it will need to be re-mapped for fuel right?

There are other people making plates now at a MUCH more reduced cost, but they help alot. You of course are going to need a custom tune anyways after all this stuff is done. I don't see anything about a sprocket change, might want to look into that as well.

There are other people making plates now at a MUCH more reduced cost, but they help alot. You of course are going to need a custom tune anyways after all this stuff is done. I don't see anything about a sprocket change, might want to look into that as well.
Thanks JonDaddy, I know you gave me some links to stuff on the fz10a site, but I'm unaware of anywhere else to order these plates?

Thanks NJFZ1, so whats the deal with Ivan's Plates? What is thier purpose? more air, sounds like I'm definetly going to need do this as well ad then it will need to be re-mapped for fuel right?

Their purpose is to allow more air when the upper throttle plates are closed since their diameter is smaller. Makes the transition from closed plates to open plates smoother and not so abrupt. I know the $75 he charges for the plates seems like a lot when you see them so if you can source them somewhere else go for it. I say wait until you have all of your mods done before getting a dyno tune. In the mean time you can get by with one of the maps out there that matches your set up.

Back