Part Shark

Has anyone else ordered stuff from Part Shark? They have good prices, but I'm having an issue with them. I
Ordered a sprocket nut and safety washer 2 WEEKS ago. At the time of order I got an order verification. I wasn't happy that shipping was almost as much as the parts (9 bucks to send a nut?) but then a week went by and I heard nothing else, so I emailed inquiring on a tracking number. Conveniently it had apparently shipped that same day I inquired. But the tracking number didn't work. I emailed 3 times about it. It's now been 2 weeks, a half a month with my bike down, and no more response and no part. Extremely frustrated. I'm thinking I'll go with bike bandit next time. My experiences have always been good with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to use Part Shark all of the time. I think part of the issue these days is that they're keeping less in stock, and drop-shipping more things.... so, your items might be coming direct from Japan...

Either way, this type of behavior from a retailer is unacceptable. They should at the very least provide you with an accurate tracking number and a general idea of when your parts will arrive.

I've ordered from them quite a few times and only once did I have an issue, but it was because the part was on back order. I suggest you call them directly and speak to someone that can rectify the situation quickly. Unfortunately you don't know who's reading and answering those emails. For all you know it could be some high school kid that works there part-time and doesn't yet understand the importance of good customer service.

I have used them a few times no issues other than slow delivery. But then again I am in Canada so could have been custom's holding things up.
I just ordered from Xtreme powersports found pricing even better than Parts Shark, but again going on 3 weeks waiting for speed sensor.

I've ordered from them several times with no issues. Most recent order was placed less than a week ago and I have to say customer service quality has gone down.
My order didn't go through correctly and I tried calling on 4 separate occasions (all during business hours). My calls always went to VM.
I did get an email reply next day and my order did ship about 4 business days after placing the order (not bad.. since I know they had to order parts.. that's common for all OEM stuff).

I've had issues with BikeBandit too. Those guys do pick up the phone and are pleasant to talk to, but if they would inform me of backordered items in the first place, I would not have to call at all.

Hard to find good help these days.

i ordered a bunch of stuff after the fall over it took a month to get the stuff It was slow but I guess its shipped as a bulk lot from one place to them so they must consolidate orders then ship from Indiana BUT I saved a bunch of cash

I've used them but won't if I need parts in a hurry. I too got the order confirmation and then a "shipping notice" which wasn't an actual shipment, only that the information was received but the package wasn't ready for pickup. It remained that way for almost a week and then when I called, it conveniently shipped that day. ;) Same as Missy!

I ordered a chain and sprokets from them on the 20th. They were not in stock and I expect it to take up to 3 weeks to receive the parts. I don't need them quite yet, but I want them in my garage ready to go. So far, everything I have ordered via PartShark have come within a reasonable amount of time.

I used them earlier this year but I was not happy with shipping times. I probably won't use them again. For the sprocket nut, I just went to the dealer, price with shipping was more than picking it up from the dealer and paying taxes.

Well, my parts were waiting on me when I got home. I screwed up and ordered the wrong front sprocket. I wanted a 16T 2005 front sprocket and ordered from the 2006 parts. Doh.

I finally got an email back after the 4th email promising it would arrive today. Well, mails been delivered and no parts. Another week of no riding, and that puts the nail in the coffin, no more orders from me to partshark. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry your having such a "bummer" of a time with them Missy. This is certainly not the "norm" for them. I have bought from them many times, probably 6 or 7 times in all, and shipping has been the drawback at least two of those times. Both times it was because of "Yamaha Factory" parts that had to first be ordered by them and received on their end first from Japan. My last order was very slow in getting to me but because of what was going on in Japan at the time so I didn't complain. They are still one of the best in "pricing" on factory parts, so I wouldn't give up on them. Also, the customer service guys are pretty nice. I usually deal with Evan I think his name is. He is usually pretty good in getting me info on whats going on with the order. I hope your stuff arrives soon and your back riding!

Back