PCV 02 eliminator

I accidentally purchased a PCV for a 2011 Mod. Apparently the only difference is it comes with a 02 Optimizer (which I don't think will work on my 09 Model) instead of a 02 Eliminator. I have emailed Dynotech for clarification on the last point. Will I have a problem running without the 02 eliminator?

I accidentally purchased a PCV for a 2011 Mod. Apparently the only difference is it comes with a 02 Optimizer (which I don't think will work on my 09 Model) instead of a 02 Eliminator. I have emailed Dynotech for clarification on the last point. Will I have a problem running without the 02 eliminator?

Well there is no real "problem" running it w/o the O2 eliminator other than the engine light may come on. I have heard of people running it w/o and not getting the light so it seems that it doesn't affect every bike. The O2 eliminator basically "tricks" the ECU into thinking the O2 sensor is still connected.

If you need one this may work for you:

Oxygen Sensor O2 Eliminator Yamaha FZ6 FZ6R FZ1 FZ1N FZ8 FJR1300 | eBay

Strange thing. I purchased an Autotune so the standard O2 connecter has to be disconnected even for a newer model. You would think they would supply the eliminator when you purchase both units.

Not sure how they differ but I am running a PCV on my 06 with no eliminator, just unplugged the sensor. No lights, no problems.

Just they don't know if it will work on the older models. I've hooked up an Autotune anyway so I've left the standard O2 plug unplugged and had no fault codes so far.

Oh Boy! I've just purchased a PCV ( 22-015 ) 2nd hand on fleabay for my 09 model. Everything seemed to be in the box. I began to go through the supplied installation instructions and one step it quotes to disconnect the O2 sensor and install the O2 optimizer. I look in the box for the O2 optimizer and its not in the box..... Bugger!!!

Anyway after reading all the posts and searching about optimizers and eliminators I went on the dynojet website to find out the price of an optimizer. Whilst there I thought I'd download a copy of the installation instruction. To my shock and amazement, the instructions when it comes to the O2 are totally opposite!!!! WTF???

The supplied instructions states to install the O2 optimizer whilst from the website it says to install O2 eliminator???. I even checked part numbers and models just to make sure. I guess after reading all these posts I might disconnect the O2 sensor and leave it...... 2nd thoughts..... I'll email Dynojet and clarify.

I was told the optimizer was only for later model and they were not sure if it worked on an 09 model. Mine is now disconnected as I'm using an Auto Tune which has its own 02 sensor. No faults so far. I have an optimizer if you want it.

Thanks for the offer Blanchy! I've attempted to contact dynojet to see which one to use and I'm awaiting a response. If I need it then I'll contact you.

Anyway I fitted the PCV and loaded the map for a Leo vince pipe from the dynojet site. I left the O2 sensor disconnected and started the bike and ran perfect with no engine light. I haven't taken the bike for a ride as I had a little bingle with a mate and I'm awaiting few a few parts to come from the US

Craig, mine came with the "Optimizer" but it said to plug in the "Eliminator" and to be honest, I never gave it a second thought... I just unplugged the O2 and plugged in the device they provided. Works great... no codes. Whew!

Back