Personal Milestone

RI_Grinch

Ok so I've had my bike for about 2 1/2 years now and I've put almost 14k on her. Well today I hit 40K. Now I know that may not be much to some of you but for me it's a milestone! Now the decision comes this...another 40k or time to make the trade up to a Gen II? (without the wife knowing) LOL CAM00126.jpg

Congrats buddy! If you were to ask me, it would make perfect sense to sell her off, the bike, not the wife, and get yourself into a GenII. I only say this because with 40K on the clock you could still get decent money for it. Also, after having both bikes, GenI and II, I simply LOVE the GenII. Get yourself an 08' and up, a decent comfort seat, and you'll never look back! You may get some "gas shock" being that you'll always seems to be hitting the pumps to fill her up, but besides that, everything else is a bit better. This is my opinion of course. You may want to take a test ride first to see how a GenII fits you.

I haven't ridden a gen 1 but the IMO the tubular frame of the gen 1 is kinda ugly. And personally the biggest reason is EFI over carb. I love EFI no jetting changes with temp changes or elevation changes etc.
EFI is also much easier to keep up on. No float bowl leaks, sticky needles and seats no plugged jets.

I haven't ridden a gen 1 but the IMO the tubular frame of the gen 1 is kinda ugly. And personally the biggest reason is EFI over carb. I love EFI no jetting changes with temp changes or elevation changes etc.
EFI is also much easier to keep up on. No float bowl leaks, sticky needles and seats no plugged jets.

FWIW, my stock gen 1 had exceptional fuelling. I never once had an issue, not at 10*F, not at elevation, not anywhere. It was a very well sorted bike. I even averaged something like 47 mpg

I do still prefer fuel injection in general but I think Yamaha nailed it with the first gen FZ1.

Congrats on the milestone! That's significant for being in New England with our short seasons!

Sell and get the Gen II. You'll not regret it as Billy has mentioned.

Back