Pics of Pets

Here are a couple of pics of my daughters dog Muffin. The poor little mite went blind last year but as you can see she still loves to chew a bone.

attachment.php

attachment.php

What was the reason for the blindness? It looks like a little puppy?

What was the reason for the blindness? It looks like a little puppy?

She's an eight year old Maltese Shitzu. Still too young to go blind but she did. She was diagnosed with Sudden acquired retinal degeneration syndrome (SARDS). I had never heard of this before but it causes the dog to go blind very quickly, in Muffins case we think it occurred in about 1 or 2 weeks. It's hard to tell cos the dog can't tell you what's happening to it. SARDS is still a bit of a mystery to veterinary science and there is no cure. I've got to say when we found out what had happened I was very upset and I remember lying awake in bed unable to sleep and all I could hear was the dog snoring on the end of the bed as though it didn't have a care in the world. It's amazing how the dog was able to compensate for the loss and get on with life, a real inspiration.

She's an eight year old Maltese Shitzu. Still too young to go blind but she did. She was diagnosed with Sudden acquired retinal degeneration syndrome (SARDS). I had never heard of this before but it causes the dog to go blind very quickly, in Muffins case we think it occurred in about 1 or 2 weeks. It's hard to tell cos the dog can't tell you what's happening to it. SARDS is still a bit of a mystery to veterinary science and there is no cure. I've got to say when we found out what had happened I was very upset and I remember lying awake in bed unable to sleep and all I could hear was the dog snoring on the end of the bed as though it didn't have a care in the world. It's amazing how the dog was able to compensate for the loss and get on with life, a real inspiration.

My lab Sandy is going blind also. We have had 2 surgeries (one of them went badly) and we can't seem to stop the process of her losing her sight. Just like your Muffin - she is the happiest dog in the world. A little slower at recognition but when she knows who you are - she is just as warm and loving as she was when she could see well.

First time uploading using tappatalk... Hope this works!

The first is our 3 year old lab name "jack" (After captain jack sparrow) ... And a shot of our new bearded dragon "Riley" :)

Apparently a wife, three kids, dog and a fishtank weren't enough! Lol

Jack is an awesome dog and goes every where with us... Truly part of the family!

jack.jpg

riley.jpg

Last edited:
We have cats too but I'll let the Mrs put them up as they are hers. One is going with my daughter, one is staying and the old man who is coming up on 22 yrs old has to be put down. I'm going to take care of this because Michele cannot do it on her own. She'll be heartbroke as it is so I don't want to put her in the vet's office with him when he's put out. :(

So, as of this past Monday (8/15/2011) my little old man, Mocha, went to the vets for the final time. I am very heartbroken....and I wasn't even there. He was my baby for over 21 1/2 years. Rarely heard of according to what the vet told Eric. He had a good long life. Even now my head says it was the right thing to do, but my heart is kicking my a$$ for doing it. Here is a picture of him:

attachment.php

I'll post pictures of the others as soon as I edit the pictures so they aren't too big.

Hey Paul, did Andy ride nut to butt? How the heck did you get him to Maine?

hahahaha funny you should ask. but i see how you could be curious. i left him with my parents (who own the house) and my mom took him up there in her van (from MA). i rode up, hung out for a few days, and my sister had to come back to boston, so her and her boyfriend took him back to boston in their car and i was already back to meet them at my house, so everything worked out well. the place is about 3 and a half hours away from boston give or take. past portland and bath. it's new harbor, maine. where pemaquid point is with the lighthouse if you have heard of that.

Last edited:
hahahaha funny you should ask. but i see how you could be curious. i left him with my parents (who own the house) and my mom took him up there in her van (from MA). i rode up, hung out for a few days, and my sister had to come back to boston, so her and her boyfriend took him back to boston in their car and i was already back to meet them at my house, so everything worked out well. the place is about 3 and a half hours away from boston give or take. past portland and bath. it's new harbor, maine. where pemaquid point is with the lighthouse if you have heard of that.

Definitely heard of it. Really nice place. I spent 14 years living in Maine. Most of them were wondering how to get the heck out of it....lol! Maine is a great place to visit. You just don't want to live there......at least I didn't. Big town girl dropped into podunk Old Town. Not too far off from a one stop light town. I don't have too much nice to say about it so I'll just shut up now. :disturbed

The new guy is here. As sad as it was to see the old man go, we'd already planned on getting this new guy. Meet Coopurr! He's a very good kitten already.

attachment.php

So we have here my pit/lab mix naked lexi after lex luther. IDK why that is but it is. We also have my adopted little POS deer chihuahua named beebee. She's spoiled to the bone but loves to ride on my bike with me so I guess she's alright then my cat skampy

Back