Planning to buy 2007 FZ1 tomorrow for $5800. Is this a good deal?

Seems like a good deal, but would appreciate feedback. I currently own a 2006 FZ6 with 22,500 miles and want to upgrade to the FZ1.

Here are the key specifics about the FZ1 I'm considering:

Color: Blue

3500 miles

Single owner

GPR Damper color matched to fork tubes

OEM Full Faring

Puig tall blue tinted Wind screen

Throttlemeister

SW Motec Bar Risers

Corbin color matched Smuggler Box

Corbin Seat

SS Brake Lines

K and N Air Filter

Gel Battery with Tender and Monitor

Fender Eliminator with Blue LED post lights

OEM cover with Yamaha and FZ1 logos

No Scratches or dings

Includes a set of New Dunlops (not installed yet as the tires are in great shape)

Original Fender, Seats and windscreen

It's not the best price ever. I got a 2007 bone stock with 5500 miles for $4500. With all the goodies you're getting, including new tires (although the guy had just put on Michelin Power Pilots right before I bought mine) it's not a horrible price. See if you can get him/her closer to $5200.

BTW, there's a guy on this board now selling a basically brand new 2009 FZ1 with 700 miles for $6100. He's in CA but shipping can be as cheap as $425.

It's not the best price ever. I got a 2007 bone stock with 5500 miles for $4500. With all the goodies you're getting, including new tires (although the guy had just put on Michelin Power Pilots right before I bought mine) it's not a horrible price. See if you can get him/her closer to $5200.

Thanks. The price was $6300. $5800 is the guys "best price". I don't think I'll be getting it for $5200, but that would certainly be nice.

if that is the bike you are looking for then yes it is a good deal . if you are just looking for an fz1 to make your own and not into the mod`s then not so much . there is well over $1,000 in mods there

BTW, there's a guy on this board now selling a basically brand new 2009 FZ1 with 700 miles for $6100. He's in CA but shipping can be as cheap as $425.

Actually I got that backwards. The guys in Ohio and you're in CA. Ah, no worries. Once you get whatever bike you're bound to love it and the price won'r matter as long as you ride it. Remember, the more you ride it the cheaper it cost you to own per mile. So if you could get close to 20,000 miles on it it'll only have cost you about 35 cents a mile. That's one way about thinking about it.

That looks like a good deal to me. To me shopping for a bike is mostly getting the make and model you want. There are some nice mods on that bike. I would also ask to see maintenance records. If it's the bike you want, pull the trigger :tup:

Good Deal, if.....

I say good deal if pristine and maintained. NADA has retail price at $6300. Also, if you don't like some of the mods, it sounds like he's supplying you with the OEM parts as well. You could potentially sell the full faring, tall wind screen, Motec bar risers, Corbin color matched Smuggler Box for $800 or more. (full faring lists for &600-$700 and corbin smuggler trunk $799.)

I say good deal if pristine and maintained. NADA has retail price at $6300. Also, if you don't like some of the mods, it sounds like he's supplying you with the OEM parts as well. You could potentially sell the full faring, tall wind screen, Motec bar risers, Corbin color matched Smuggler Box for $800 or more. (full faring lists for &600-$700 and corbin smuggler trunk $799.)
my thoughts exactly

Actually I got that backwards. The guys in Ohio and you're in CA. Ah, no worries. Once you get whatever bike you're bound to love it and the price won'r matter as long as you ride it. Remember, the more you ride it the cheaper it cost you to own per mile. So if you could get close to 20,000 miles on it it'll only have cost you about 35 cents a mile. That's one way about thinking about it.

This is the arguement my girlfriend uses for expensive shoes, the more she wears them the cheaper they are, gonna have to check she's not talking to you on facebook!

Makes sense tho', but can't tell her that....

I can't make a real comparison for you, being in the wrong continent but April last year did the same as you and have no regrets. Traded on my '05 FZ6 with no mods, 14k on the clock, i got £2,200 against my '08 FZ1 which I got for £5,200 1,400 miles!, full fairing, remus powercone, powerbronze tail tidy, smart hugger, and some waste of time mirrors with built in indicators, which i've changed back.

You'll luv the upgrade

if that is the bike you are looking for then yes it is a good deal . if you are just looking for an fz1 to make your own and not into the mod`s then not so much . there is well over $1,000 in mods there

Yea, the Corbin stuff alone was probably $1k so I'd say that's a good deal for a bike with that low mileage and condition. BTW I bought my '06 in June of '09 w/ 3500 miles and well over $1k worth of accessories for only $5500 ;)

To yelbmur, I say go for it and enjoy riding it...

Thanks for the input everyone. After over 600 miles round trip and 13 hours away from home, I bought this bike today.

Almost had a youtube worthy fail trying to load the bike into the bed of my truck, but I came to my senses after one half-assed try at trying to ride the FZ1 up the ramp into the bed. We then walked the bike up the ramp and secured with ratchet straps.

The seller said if I decided against buying the bike for our pre-arranged price of $5800 he had a guy willing to pay $6500 for it. If true, the seller has integrity for not going back on our deal.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find CRG levers installed on the bike. These were not mentioned in the original ad.

I attached a low quality cell phone pic of the bike.

Thanks for the input everyone. After over 600 miles round trip and 13 hours away from home, I bought this bike today.

Almost had a youtube worthy fail trying to load the bike into the bed of my truck, but I came to my senses after one half-assed try at trying to ride the FZ1 up the ramp into the bed. We then walked the bike up the ramp and secured with ratchet straps.

The seller said if I decided against buying the bike for our pre-arranged price of $5800 he had a guy willing to pay $6500 for it. If true, the seller has integrity for not going back on our deal.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find CRG levers installed on the bike. These were not mentioned in the original ad.

I attached a low quality cell phone pic of the bike.

looks great though. i think you made a very good choice and got a pretty good deal. enjoy!

If he really had any integrity, he wouldn't have mentioned any of that to you in the first place. Did he really think that you were going to travel that far and not take the bike?

The good thing is that you got the bike. I wish you the best of luck with it. Post some clearer pics when you get a chance.

Back