Plated Enduro's?

Anyone here ride an Enduro with a Plate so you can ride to and from the trails?

I have been talking to a buddy about a bike like this and it is something I would love to have. I used to ride dirt bikes when I was a teen and would like to get back into it, and since I have my M1 it would be cool to get an enduro with a plate.

One of the bikes I really like is the new ktm 350-EXC, it is small like a 250 but has more power.

I prefer Yamaha Bikes, but they do not make a Street legal version of the 450-F, and living in California I hear it is a major process to take a 450-F and get the DMV to allow you to plate it.

Just curious if anyone also rides a plated Enduro, if so:

* What do you ride?
* What do your friends ride?
* Any Advice?

I watched a cool video on the new Honda CR250L and the Suzuki DRZ400, and both those bikes seem to be more road geared with soft suspension.

I had a Suzuki DR350 and it was a blast. It was set up more for offroad with knobbies so not much fun on the street, but I did ride it there. Sold it to get a kayak.

Now I'm trying to sell my Zuma 125 to get another dirtbike. I'd like a WR or TTR

I have a Yamaha XT 350. Not as powerfull as my son's WR 250F but it is still fun to ride in the dirt. It is nice and light with a twin carb system for extra punch in the bottom end. It seems to be more geared towards dirt riding or dirt roads than highway riding. I wouldn't want to take it on a long highway trip, but I have my FZ1 for that. Unfortunately they quit making them around 2001. If you can find a used one that hasn't been beaten too badly it might be a good choice. :tup:

i have a WR450f and i have it plated, but in AZ that is not difficult even with the emissions testing.
i think its great on the street, except for the highway. i can cruise at highway speeds, it is just sketchy. i mostly like dirt roads and decent trails, not much into jumps, loose sand, or single track stuff. i should have gotten a drz or something that isnt as high strung, really glad i didnt get the yz450!

i have a couple friends with dirt bikes i go out with. there is a wr 400, a yz426, a ktm 250, an xr600. all of which are mostly dirt bikes made into street legal quasi dual sports. the xr is legit for the street though.

sucks that Cali is bad when it comes to plating certain bikes, but if you are into them and want to be legal on the road, i would get one that is not real dirt bike or and "off road" title, but one that is intended from the factory to be plated.

good luck though, dual sports are a ton of fun!

I have a plated GasGas EC300 and it's a 2-stroke. If they put choppers on the street that obviously unsafe, then a dirt bike with the proper equipment for street use will get through. I paid a guy to certify it and do the DMV paperwork. He went out if business with the crappy economy. I'm sure you can get a custom shop to give you the info ou need. They might offer the service.....

Back