Potential newbie no more!

Just picked up my 05 with 9500 miles, mint condition, adult owned. The bike runs great and I can't wait to start getting to know it. The only thing it's missing is the owners manual - I hope I can find it here somewhere. BTW, how do you get the seat off:embarrased:

It has the lower fairing under the engine. It looks like it offers some protection from rocks but I'm wondering if it keeps some air flow off the engine. Should I remove it?

It causes nothing but destruction.....ya better send it to me so that I can properly dispose of it.....j/k lower cowl does not pose any problems (unlike the lower fairings, but that is for another topic)

As for the owner's manual -- click here -- click on "My Yamaha" in upper right hand corner (beneath search) and worm your way into this section to find an owner's manual.

Congrats on the purchase, post some pictures!

Adam

Last edited:
Pics of my new 05!

Here they are.

Mods from prev owner are: adjustable levers, fram sliders, taller tinted windshield, Holeshot muffler (original included), Chin spoiler, Rear wheel hugger w/chainguard. New front tire, back tire has 1k on it, 9500 miles, Pro-Tech tank protector, clear taillight and turn signals (not sure if that was stk or not) protector

skm348-albums-joe-s-05-fz1-picture278-img-0131.jpg

She's lookin' really sweet. I especially like the black swingarm. I guess thats the way they came on the bikes with the "blacked out" engine. Thats gonna start giving me ideas. Enjoy your new ride and be safe!

...clear taillight and turn signals (not sure if that was stk or not) protector

No, those aren't stock, but they look good with the amber bulbs. Bike looks great. I have always like that blue. It's a shame Yamaha never offered it on the Gen II FZ1 or that is the color I would have gotten.

Back