Power Commander / MPG

BTW, this is with a SpeedoDRD corrected machine so the MPG is more accurate than an uncorrected machine.

I'm curious if you have GPS-verified your odometer since you did the speedo correction.

My understanding is that having corrected your speedo will have resulted in your odometer reading that same amount less. Technically, this would give you 'worse' fuel economy because your mileage is now reading lower than actual distance travelled.

Last edited:
Like many on here I use the Fuelly app, and I'm addicted to it!!!
On spirited ride across the lake district a couple of days ago I got 37 (uk) mpg out of my 2010 with all the mods below, but a quick change of map (TB juicebox pro) showed 41 uk mpg riding the same journey in reverse at the same kind of pace. The map can make a bit of difference.
I also went for a touring style ride yesterday using the thirsty map, and it showed 48.6 uk mpg!!!!!! :eek5:

It's pretty much the way you ride this bike that determines the consumtion figures, she's revvy, and that's addictive!! If you need good fuel mileage, you need a saller bike! (my FZS600 can do 73mpg!!!)

You didn't use it yet? LOL Plug it in Bro... Trying hard to get my LCD early next week or so. Been dragging way too long... long story!

Been using it for a few weeks. Hoping that it makes a difference. I assume that it adjusts everything for the perfect A/F Ratio. Would be nice to get some "Touring" or "Fuel Eco" maps. The sport maps are great, but would be nice to cruise too and improve MPG.

so many variables, gearing, map, mods.
You need to state EXACTLY what you have, including maintenance and mileage with all mods. Also your riding habits.

This is why im happy with just a slipon gas and go.my speedo is off but its pretty easy to figure 10%.It says66 im doin 60 it says166 IM DOIN WHAT?

You haven said what map you have.

The PC isnt gonna give you good/bad mileage. Your map, State of tune, gearing, riding habits are the main factors.

I have PC3, LARS, BMC, AIS, 16th, and have had GYTR slipon and Yosh full system. Doing 75-85 on the highway with some "in city" mix, I get 38 mpg.
If I slow down to under 70, I get into the 40's.

Download Dukens map pack and try some different maps. Its soo easy.

I have an 08 FZ1 with Power commander V "five" and I don't know what map was on the bike when i got it, but the guy i bought it from said he just installed it and that was it.

I'm hooked up right now as we speak, and I sent the 06-09 map with a stock exhaust and either stock air filter or aftermarket map the second map available.

I'm new to the Power commander scene, but im getting HORRIBLE 23-26 MPG......i mean that is BAD BAD BAD.:flip:

What should I do....bike is smooth, and powerful as hell, but i can't ride with that kind of mileage....bikes need to get AT LEAST 35+MPG I would prefer 40MPG for god sake.

I would think the PCV came with the "zero" map installed....and I put in the stock exhaust with stock airfilter map...and A VAST majority of the values are NEGATIVE...so i would imagine fuel economy should go up....I'll let everyone know. ideas and better maps are welcome.......for my setup of course.

I love my bike in a huge way btw :D

Last edited:
I have an 08 FZ1 with Power commander V "five" and I don't know what map was on the bike when i got it, but the guy i bought it from said he just installed it and that was it.

I'm hooked up right now as we speak, and I sent the 06-09 map with a stock exhaust and either stock air filter or aftermarket map the second map available.

I'm new to the Power commander scene, but im getting HORRIBLE 23-26 MPG......i mean that is BAD BAD BAD.:flip:

What should I do....bike is smooth, and powerful as hell, but i can't ride with that kind of mileage....bikes need to get AT LEAST 35+MPG I would prefer 40MPG for god sake.

I would think the PCV came with the "zero" map installed....and I put in the stock exhaust with stock airfilter map...and A VAST majority of the values are NEGATIVE...so i would imagine fuel economy should go up....I'll let everyone know. ideas and better maps are welcome.......for my setup of course.

when tuning, and we have to add fuel, your mileage goes up. why? because when the fuel burns efficiently, it requires less power aka fuel, to go as fast as you were before. so, leaning it out, means you're twisting the throttle more to go the same speed. so, your map is crap, you need to put it on the dyno and have a custom map made properly for your bike.

I have a faulty ground wire, because the bike will not turn on now with the power commander hooked up unless the USB is hooked up to teh unit and the laptop.

I called dynojet, and they told me its using the USB as a faulty ground. They also said the green light should come on when the ignition is turned on, and it isn't now.

The PCV is obviously defective, i just registered it and sent a message to tech support on the website for both of those things.

Get the Duken4evr map pack. Inside it there is PCV section that contains smoothed stage 1 maps. Look for the Whittlebeast stage 1. This map made my bike run like a missile. At the time, I was running a slip-on and K&N. The PC5 will also require "acceleration enrichment" enabled - 50% sensitivity, 15 revoloutions, 15% enrichment... Enjoy

I have a faulty ground wire, because the bike will not turn on now with the power commander hooked up unless the USB is hooked up to teh unit and the laptop.

I called dynojet, and they told me its using the USB as a faulty ground. They also said the green light should come on when the ignition is turned on, and it isn't now.

The PCV is obviously defective, i just registered it and sent a message to tech support on the website for both of those things.

contact a dynojet dealer in your area. we get these all the time at the shop, we send em in for warranty replacement and you get a brand new one for $50 basically

2007 FZ1 with PC3, need some tips!

I too am struggling with MPG, but I know there is a lot to be done that can be pretty easy. Right now I am getting 27mpgs in pure city, drive like and a$$hole miles and around 35mpg on the highway.

Here are the specs that I know (bought the bike 6 months ago and haven't done much to it yet):

07 FZ1 with GYTR exhaust, PCIII, 23,000 miles, no service records, doubtful there was a mileage adjustment.

The real problem is that I don't have any cables for the Power Commander to plug into my laptop! Any suggestions???

Also, embarrassingly noticed this cable hanging out of the left side of my bike. Is this just disconnected from where the PCIII plugged in???

Thanks All for the Help!

Last edited:
There wont be any "extra" plugs because of the PC3 - it goes "in-line".

As for a USB cable, call DynoJet.

This map made my bike run like a missile. At the time, I was running a slip-on and K&N.

Nothing compared with the IVAN's reflash!

How do I set the Acceration Enrichment for PCV? Thanks in Advance

Get the Duken4evr map pack. Inside it there is PCV section that contains smoothed stage 1 maps. Look for the Whittlebeast stage 1. This map made my bike run like a missile. At the time, I was running a slip-on and K&N. The PC5 will also require "acceleration enrichment" enabled - 50% sensitivity, 15 revoloutions, 15% enrichment... Enjoy

Back