Priority Air US to Aus

I will post pics but want to get it all done first. Also I'm not that good at posting pics. I'll do a search "Posting pics for dummies" and see how I go. PS Isn't it the middle of the night there?

Last edited:
I will post pics but want to get it all done first. Also I'm not that good at posting pics. I'll do a search "Posting pics for dummies" and see how I go. PS Isn't it the middle of the night there?

Yeah, 12:30 AM.....but I'm retired so I'm allowed to stay up late. :yes:

Hey Blanchy I'm looking forward to seeing those pics of your installed retro kit. By the way who did you order it from? The sites I've looked at don't deliver outside of the USA.

Sorry to here you're still waiting Jure. It will be worth it. Only thing I don't like is the front guard. the red does not match the red in the stripes but I've got a Chin Fairing/Engine Spoiler coming so I might get them both matched to the stripes.

Yep Bluey I had the same problem no one replied to shipping to Aus. Go to Ebay Copy and paste this number 330629018274 Currenlty says one left at USD$ 699. If you order it you might like to say you expect delays. The poor guy was tearing his hair out I think trying to sort out why mine and another were not delivered in one go.

Hey Blanchy I'm looking forward to seeing those pics of your installed retro kit. By the way who did you order it from? The sites I've looked at don't deliver outside of the USA.
Took some shots this arvo, to stuffed to work out how to post them today, Got up at 2:30 and got to do it again tomorrow. Hope to finish early have a nap and then I'll work it out.

Sorry to here you're still waiting Jure. It will be worth it. Only thing I don't like is the front guard. the red does not match the red in the stripes but I've got a Chin Fairing/Engine Spoiler coming so I might get them both matched to the stripes.

The colors aren't supposed to match the way Yamaha has designed it. The front fender is Vivid Red Cocktail #1 (VRC1), a three step solid color (base coat, color coat, top coat). That color is the standard Yamaha Corporate Red. The stripes on the body work are a kind of deep metallic red which are sharp looking, imo. Some people have painted the fender to match the body work. It's color name is Bluish White Cocktail #1 (Code is BWC1). Customize away......

Looks very nice Blanchy. Did you paint your rims black? or are they replacements? Whatever they look much better black with the retro scheme.

That looks awesome Blanchy :drools:

:+2:

Bike looks great, especially with the black wheels. Never cared for the color of the '09 wheels. I'm also not convinced by the red fender. Have seen some painted white and some painted the dark red of the stripes. Either way works I suppose...

Thanks guys

Thanks for the comments. This is part one, more to do, I will post full picks when done. They are the same wheels, I deflated the tyres and walked them down, could'nt break the bead but got enough to get masking tape right under the edge. Gave them a light rub down with Scotch Scourer and cleaned with Wax And Grease Remover painted with an aerosol Satin Black. They came out a little glossier than I was after but when I put the tape on they looked right.

Yep Bluey I had the same problem no one replied to shipping to Aus. Go to Ebay Copy and paste this number 330629018274 Currenlty says one left at USD$ 699. If you order it you might like to say you expect delays. The poor guy was tearing his hair out I think trying to sort out why mine and another were not delivered in one go.

I also ordered from this seller. He was willing to send the Kit to Slovenia (Europe), but like said before, I am still waiting for the other box, because USPS misshiped one box to Norway. But the seller is responsive and trying to resolve this issue. It seems he is a good and honest guy.

@Blanchy

The bike looks great! :)

Well in case you want a better match to the dark red stripes you can use a stock front fender form a Candy Red FZ1 (may be called Lava Red over there). Here are a couple of pics I found and you can see that the match is good:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back