Priority Air US to Aus

Hi guys, still waiting for my Retro kit to get here from the States, was supposed to be 5 to 7 days. USPS claims its in transit since Dec 18, no further updates. Aust Post claims it has not left the States! How long has it been taking you to get things over lately? Aust Post say that USPS Priority Air is routinely 4 to 6 weeks!

I bet you it's stuck in Chicago.
For some reason if it goes through Chicago it takes longer then other areas in the US.
You may have to wait up to a month for it.

Maybe it got stuck in customs? Happens all the time to me when ordering from other countries. Heck! I live in the states and I am lucky to get anything in 7-8 days even when sent within the states.

Thanks for the posts I've had a few things I purchased from Cabelas get to Sydney in 2 Days then take over a week from there. Most frustratring thing is not knowing if its going anywhere! Hope its not sitting in a wharehouse getting run over by fork lifts. Can't email USPS as the link is broken on their web site.

I hate waiting for stuff. A few years ago I purchased all this custom carbon fibre body work for my triumph daytona. It was suppose to ship in 1 week from purchase. I took to months for me to get it. I almost lost my mind.

I hate waiting for stuff. A few years ago I purchased all this custom carbon fibre body work for my triumph daytona. It was suppose to ship in 1 week from purchase. I took to months for me to get it. I almost lost my mind.

Tell me about it! That's how I felt waiting for my Magical Racing CF screen. Took almost a month to get it from Japan.

I have been waiting for a tank bag to come from the states since 21 Dec. last tracking email I got said it was in Aus as of 29 Dec. Still waiting.....grrr

Ive been waiting for my Yoshi system since 16th DEC, priority mail my ass:deadhorse: .

I hate buying crap from China & prefer to buy and support locally $ western produced goods, but it on my doorstep in 4 days & is 1/4 of the $$$ shipping for US.

Yep considering the Priority Airmail cost $280 you'd think it might be a little quicker. Could have had it sent by surface if its going to take 8 weeks!

My experience with shipping parcels to the land of OZ is that it is very inconsistent. Even when you ship the expensive way (with a tracking number) sometimes two parcels shipped at the same time can come weeks apart at your end. Very frustrating. On the plus side, every parcel did eventually arrive in good condition.

And let's be honest......Australia Post and Customs never work that hard when it comes to Christmas/New Years......in the years I lived there there was either industrial action or service slowed down as people took their holidays and went to the beach. You'll get it ...... eventually.

And let's be honest......Australia Post and Customs never work that hard when it comes to Christmas/New Years......in the years I lived there there was either industrial action or service slowed down as people took their holidays and went to the beach. You'll get it ...... eventually.
Thanks I think, no industrial action at the moment so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Weather must be similar in Texas? I've only spent time in Lake Tahoe and BC Canada bloody cold both in winter!!

Good News Bad News

Got half the Kit today. It was sent in two pakages only got one. Seat Sides, Rim Tape and Fuel Tank missing. Postal Services Arghhh:banghead:

Hi guys, still waiting for my Retro kit to get here from the States, was supposed to be 5 to 7 days. USPS claims its in transit since Dec 18, no further updates. Aust Post claims it has not left the States! How long has it been taking you to get things over lately? Aust Post say that USPS Priority Air is routinely 4 to 6 weeks!

Hi Mate,
4 to 6 weeks is the norm , if its a bulky item , and you have to factor in christmas and new year holidays, so maybe add another week or so.

Small items always take priority during peak periods , also bulky items get extra customs attention .

Rest assured it will arrive AOK , later rather than sooner.

I am also waiting for the Retro Kit to be delivered to Slovenia (Europe). It was also sent in two boxes on 12/22/2011. One box arrived to Slovenian customs office on 12/30/2011, but the other box was sent to Norway and arrived to Norway customs office on 12/30/2011. WTF? Both boxes were sent together (and at the same time) but one ended up on the other side of Europe!

It looks like the other box was now sent back to the USA and hopefuly they will get it right the second time and ship to Slovenia (not Norway or maybe Slovakia..) Very frustrating!

USPS :tdown:

Last edited:
I thought it was a pain shipping form the USA to Canada via USPS. I feel your pain. I would buy thosuands of dollars of goods from some manufacturers in Australia, but the shipping nightmares make the risk too high. In particular I really like the Edge Products buggy kits and components. :(

Back