Question for any 2013 owner?

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Anyone else with a 2013? Have you looked under the tank yet?

I ask because both the 2007 and 2009 have two heat shields stuck to the bottom of the fuel tank, like dynomat coated in aluminum. My 2013 does not. I'm wondering if this tank was replaced by the dealer, perhaps it was damaged in shipping and they replaced it before sale? I cannot find anything else wrong... the bike is mint. Just curious. Also, anyone with a 2013 Cobalt, does the tank have the graphic emblem or none?

Thanks!

Looking at Partshark microfiche, the fuel tank exploded view shows no heat shields or graphics available. Interesting that they did away with those. I actually like that there's no graphic but why take out the heat shielding for the bottom of the tank?

Ok, went back through the years and 2010 was the last time there was heat shielding under the tank. Guess I answered my own questions.... Go Partshark!

Last edited:
At that cost, I'd say yes! Those two (actually 3 parts minus a graphic) mats are about $70 our cost. OOOF!

And an FYI for any Cobalt owners.... The 2009 tank is $730 and a 2013 tank is $551 our cost at Partshark. Shop for the newer model if you're fixing a Cobalt FZ!!!! Troy! Billy! All you others!

Last edited:
Back