Rain gear?

Just wondering if there is any good cheap rain gear? Looking basically for what to me would be like a waterproof wind breaker that you just put over your pants and jacket?

Don't want to spend a ton as I don't intentionally go out in the rain but in the event it was to rain and I was a few hours from home I would prefer to have something I could put on to keep me dry.

Thanks!

I once used a Harley Davidson rain suit that was designed to go over your gear, it was nice but I didn't care for the HD all over it. I found another one similar:
Tour Master Defender Two-Piece Rainsuit at
Tour Master Defender Two-Piece Rainsuit - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

I don't know what your thinking as far as price goes, but this one is designed to go over your gear as well. I have a similar suit from Tour Master but it's just a rain suit. I have hear of people using cheap rain suits with their motorcycles but remember they are not designed to handle heat from exhaust so they might melt if you get to close to your pipes...

Frogg Toggs ;) $70 bucks. They are all you need. They also can function as a second layer to break a strong wind. And you just throw them on over what you are already wearing. Easy.

They are not perforated. Thin, but you would be hot if you kept them on when not necessary for the rain.. But they do the job. Any quality rain gear is not going to breathe.

I don't like how Frog Toggs baloon in the wind. I bought Bilt pants and jacket for $50 and they worked great. They definitely take up more room in you bags though. It is a trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dustin that thing looks nice, how is it in say 85 degree heat though?

They were fairly breathable but the hottest I wore them to was like 75 or 80 or something. They are also quite solid so they don't flap around much. Good value for money and Teknic has a nice warranty & customer service so I got a replacement set after a year of use wore them out

Last edited:
I've had frog toggs for several years. They work great.
But, they do balloon out big time. Also, the seams are weak and can be torn easily. Not too hard to fix, but still a pain.

:)

They were fairly breathable but the hottest I wore them to was like 75 or 80 or something. They are also quite solid so they don't flap around much. Good value for money and Teknic has a nice warranty & customer service so I got a replacement set after a year of use wore them out

Do you think you could have worn them in 90 degrees with humidity?

In all honesty, if its 90 and humid I wouldn't care about getting wet as it would feel nice. But if I am caught in a monsoon a long ways from home it would be nice to have.

I think it probably would have been bearable in that kind of weather, Papa. Mind you, I'd probably just not bother if it's that warm like you said.

Do you think you could have worn them in 90 degrees with humidity?

In all honesty, if its 90 and humid I wouldn't care about getting wet as it would feel nice. But if I am caught in a monsoon a long ways from home it would be nice to have.

If it were that hot i would just enjoy the rain!

LOL! That is what I am thinking. I remember last year riding up in NH it was like 93 degrees and pouring water all over myself and then putting my mesh jacket back on. Was like air conditioning.

So yeah, I just got to make my mind up on the gear for normal temps. The ones Dustin posted have me interested as they are cheaper and do not "balloon up".

I've got a little time before I order so I am still looking around. Right now I am working on the top case decision then I can focus on this one!

Honestly, I wear a wetsuit when I go on longer rides and I know it is going to rain. Water proof gloves and boot also are a must especially during the cold. I used to use my army rain/wind proof field jacket and that worked wonders too, just really bulky.

Back