Rain, rain, rain, and more rain

I didn't know I lived in Seattle...DAMN! Picked up my new bike Friday...got to ride it 4 hours before the rain moved in. Now, it's rained since ever since...and it looks like it's gonna rain the next 7-10 days. May end up doing some rain riding, but hate to. :)

Aw... just go down and get polishes and stuff, make some coffee, listen th NPR and go at it, shine that puppy up.

It's been doing the same here in NC. Kinda like this winter in late Feb. waiting to ride, and all the posts we all put up here. Take heart, it'll come soon enough, mabe a couple days next week. cross your fingers.

Sorry to say I have been out about 400km per day for the last week

Here in vancouver the rain started at 4am but that is ok because I got off the bike at 2am after a sea to sky novice ride {the Olympic hwy between vancouver and whistler} that kind of ran long.
The ride was followed by coffee and shots of espresso and then the suggestion to carry on around the city somehow seemed reasonable at the time.
We ended up on Commercial drive in a trendy Italian coffee bar till 1am.
Most of the kids work in the sevice industries so are used to late hrs.
I at 52 was ok, but now I am burnt, even the dog is giving me sorry ass looks.
The fz just cook's out of corners at 7000 grand and the pirrelli dc3 hooks unloads the front end so you have to oversteer the corner because once the power hit's that front wheel is barley touching the pavement and you go tangentially wide of your origonal line.
Ride safe everyone now I got to walk the dog in the pouring rain.

RE: RAIN (yuck)

No rain today, here in middle Indiana but, , , , very cool, (at 56 deg) cloudy, and damp. Maybe get to ride tomorrow. Partly cloudy and 70-ish.

No rain today, here in middle Indiana but, , , , very cool, (at 56 deg) cloudy, and damp. Maybe get to ride tomorrow. Partly cloudy and 70-ish.

I am looking out my office window as the rain buckets down on my perfectly clean bike. By the time I get home it will be a mess, Oh well "Cest La Vie".

Nothing but rain here today and they are calling for some more tomorrow. However, this past weekend the weather was great so I can't complain ;)

I am looking out my office window as the rain buckets down on my perfectly clean bike. By the time I get home it will be a mess, Oh well "Cest La Vie".

When life gives you rain...give the bike a wash. Well the rain kept coming so when I got home I washed the bike. Then I figured while I'm at it change the oil and filter. Lube and adjust the chain, and shine the pipes before re-installing the chin fairing. Beats watching the "Habs" lose.

When it ain't fit for riding, it's fit for wrenchin'.:tup:

Back