Recommend me a weighted bar end

I inserted lead fishing weights in my bar.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/how-tos/7068-lead-weights.html

It used to be real bad for me. Right hand would be completely numb in 20 minutes of riding. Now that I have the BT016 everything is better. I think my biggest problem was the stock Dunlop or the fact that it was not well balanced.

I still get a bit of vibration but I can easily ride between fill ups without my hands going numb.

I've always gotten some right between 5 and 6, I'm thinking about trying the lead shot and foam filler route. It doesn't bother me unless I'm on a long ride (2 hours or more). I've checked everything for tightness, had two different front tires, I keep my chain within spec, and have synced the throttle bodies. I'm not a handle bar squeezer, I think it's just kinda the nature of the beast!

A side benefit of the Throttlemeisters I've fitted is that they are quite a bit heavier than the standard bar ends and have largly eliminated the numb hands syndrome.

So I was able to kill two birds with one stone.

Same here with the throttlemeisters. Another thing that helped with vibes was changing from the oem grips to gel ones (before I got the TM). Huge difference.

Here's cheaper solution than throttlemeisters and they weigh about the same.
Hudson Valley Motorsports Parts - Motorcycle Handle Bar Ends for Yamaha motor bikes to Reduce Vibrations
Yamaha_FZ6.jpg

Available in two weights. Extra heavy pair reduces vibrations the most.
Extra Heavy weight - 15.5 ounces
Heavy weight – 11.6 ounces

I think OEM are 10.7 ounces.

Back