reg slip=on yoshi pipe...

hello everyone, i just replaced my stock 2009 fz1n pipe to trc yoshi slip-on, & i feel the lesser power on the torque. can anyone give some tips or advice pls...tnx*

You cannot keep the EXUP when installing any after market slip on. It is part of the stock pipe.

So all you have done to your FZ1 is install the Yoshimure TRC slip on? What other modifications have you made to the bike? Adding a slip on should not decrease power.

You would have to dyno your bike before and after to confirm what you suspect. There are a number of factors (bad gas, temperature changes, etc.) that might make you think you lost some power. I also have a 2009 FZ1 with a Yoshi TRC slip-on and have not noticed any power loss anywhere in the powerband, it feels more powerful all the way through. Also, dyno graphs have confirmed that the removal of the EXUP on the 2nd gen FZ1 does not cause loss of power as it is a sound control device more than anything on the 2nd gen bike.

no other modification had made, only the pipe...what do you guys think, if i try to change the stock airfilter to racing airfilter? but i'll also take note of Raven's advice...thanks to all your replies...

adding a racing filter won't give you more torque, maybe 1 horsepower if ur lucky.
the unrestricted airflow is not always a good thing.
You would have to get a powercommander and have the bike dyno'd to get performance improvements.

hello everyone, i just replaced my stock 2009 fz1n pipe to trc yoshi slip-on, & i feel the lesser power on the torque. can anyone give some tips or advice pls...tnx*

I put in a K&N filter, then swapped out my stock exhaust can for a wide open MIVV GP carbon can. This removes the EXUP valve as Hail noted. Personally I have noticed a bit of Improvement in bottom and mid ranges. This is wholly subjective (seat of the pants) without Dyno to back what I feel up. I am still using the stock (2008) ECU and am very happy with the performance. I am thinking about adding a power commander and having it proffesionally tuned before spring. This cash outlay is dependant on how nice my boss is to me at Christmas.
Generally speaking "more air out, needs more air in" Usually said the other way. From my experience adding a "race filter", like a K&N, or similar won't hurt anything, even without changing your fueling . Stock bike runs fairly rich so I'm told.

After running my Mivv Suono and then going back to the stock muffler (for now), I have noticed that the bike has way less power.
The slip-on should increase power not reduce it.
However it is a Yoshi, so you never know ;)

My fz1 felt very doughy especially at low revs when i put a yoshi slip on on it. Once i installed a power commander and got a dyno tune the doughyness went and i got all the extra hp i expected. Dont forget the importance of a good tune when doing major changes such as exhausts and mufflers.

no other modification had made, only the pipe...what do you guys think, if i try to change the stock airfilter to racing airfilter? but i'll also take note of Raven's advice...thanks to all your replies...

You need to gut the header cat and do the air box mod. Putting a free flowing slip on with a couple of corks upstream is not going to gain you much.

You need to gut the header cat and do the air box mod. Putting a free flowing slip on with a couple of corks upstream is not going to gain you much.

Are you feeling a significant improvement with the gutted header? I may do this soon. Any change in MPG? If anything, I want to eliminate it to get rid of the burning leaves odor, it always has a noticeable smell. A large increase in db however, isn't something I want. The Mivv w/o db killer is loud. Fwiw, I have these mods (besides the can) already:AB mod, flies mod, filter, ais block, TFI box for fueling. Thinking about also trying R1 velocity stacks.

Are you feeling a significant improvement with the gutted header? I may do this soon. Any change in MPG? If anything, I want to eliminate it to get rid of the burning leaves odor, it always has a noticeable smell. A large increase in db however, isn't something I want. The Mivv w/o db killer is loud. Fwiw, I have these mods (besides the can) already:AB mod, flies mod, filter, ais block, TFI box for fueling. Thinking about also trying R1 velocity stacks.

Gutting the cat will not increase the sound of your exhaust to any great degree. You have to gut the cat. The FZ1 came with a big cork in it's throat and two up it's azz. Think of it like a river with three dams . . . if you want it to flow downstream (at your pipe) you have to remove all the upstream impediments. You will notice a significant improvement when you skin that cat.

Really easy to do it:

Back