Removing EXUP servo motor

***Updated***
The exup eliminator plug is much more complicated then I originally expected. The method I outlined previously will NOT work since after riding just a few miles you will throw a check engine light. However there is a forum thread on our sister forum FZ10A that outlines the RC circuitry needed for this eliminator plug. Here is the link www.yamahafz1oa.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117817&highlight=exup+eliminator

I apologize for anyone who has tried the deleted procedure.

Last edited:
OR

Just disconnect all the cables and leave the motor on there when you do a slip on or full exhaust system.....way easier, and free.

OR

Just disconnect all the cables and leave the motor on there when you do a slip on or full exhaust system.....way easier, and free.

Yes of course. I took the servo motor off to make room for a compartment. I thought I would share since I didn't find a topic on this here on the forum. Plus the resistors were $2 which are cheaper than the exup eliminator plug I found for $65 on the internet.

Just the two resistors didn't work in my case. After about 5 miles the engine light came on. I guess I'll try adding the big resistor as well.

so do i go with just the 2 or throw the 3rd one on too? and did you just push them in? (solder?) Im looking foreward to a new power commander spot

Just a quick question. Is a fault code just an alert or will it affect the bike? I am waiting on my eliminator and want to still use the bike.

threw the resistors in and the engine light came on.

I also had a check engine light and thats why I edited my original post. Follow the link I posted above and it will bring you to a schematic of the real RC circuitry needed for the EXUP eliminator plug. Sorry for letting you down.

Last edited:
Despite the original thread being wrong the link you provided worked like a charm. I built the simple RC circuit and I have a whopping 12 miles without a check engine light.

20130525_180824_zps57f88ef3.jpg

Back