Removing GenII Rotors/ New Wheel Color

Nice! I really like the wheels Billy. Do you mind me ask what they charged?

No, not at all. I paid $370 dollars OTD. That's not the regular price though. Imagine that! It's a really "high end" shop that primarily do exotics. A guy I know at work is personal friends with the owner and so he gave me special pricing. I don't know what the normal price is and I probably don't want to know. I will say though, that he did an amazing job. The pictures do not do them justice. He even filled a small indentation on the edge of the rear wheel before doing the coating. The guy in Jersey wanted $300 dollars but I would have had to make four trips total, back and forth across the bridge, that's $30 bucks in tolls, plus the turnpike tolls, plus gas, and time. The guy I went to is literally ten minutes from my house with no tolls so it was a no brainer for me. I'm bringing him the other set of wheels as well and he's giving me the same price. Can't wait to get the Neon Hi Vis done. It's gonna look killer.

What size torx are the rotor bolts? My largest is a T40 and it is a bit small and before I buy a kit I want to know the exact size.
Thanks

3ea7f5b7774d413b453a9edc6086ae29.jpg

Yep the rear bolt threads are bigger .

These bolts are from the UK The rear are Titanium and the fronts are SS . They are 6 mm hex . I should have gotten all Titanium but i wanted to see the difference .

A great weekend out at Brian's (Blavenia) house. Went over to Martin Motorsports to have the new rubber installed and also picked up a few goodies. I even got to ride Brian's new Triumph Street Triple R for a quick ride in 34 degree temps to buy some Amish Honey and Chocolate. Back home now and just have to install the new bearings on Tuesday from Partshark and I'll be ready to get the bike into a roller once again.

The guys at Martin did a phenomenal job on mounting the tires. Not one smudge or nick on the newly powdercoated wheels.

IMG_20150328_120750_zpsc6ip2usw.jpg

IMG_1245_zps5biabbil.jpg

Picked up some coolant, brake fluid, tank pad, and new grips while I was there as well.

IMG_1247_zpsrx1oaxyk.jpg

My Dyna Beads also showed up in perfect time. I have the valves out of the stems letting the tires relieve some moisture before I install the beads tomorrow.

IMG_20150327_120357_zpsoidhf5xx.jpg

The Street Triple, other than the ugly eyeballs protruding out front, was very impressive to ride. It sounds nothing like a normal triple and has probably one of the silkiest smooth transmissions of any bike I've been on. It's only got just over 100 miles on the clock so I couldn't rev it too much, but I could only imagine how nice it will be after break-in.

IMG_20150328_160757_zps9i5jx7h2.jpg

Next post I should have all the bearings in place and rotors back on. Stay tuned!

So how long did partshark take to get you your parts?
I'm still awaiting mine... Maybe these bearings are fresh out of the factory!!

So how long did partshark take to get you your parts?
I'm still awaiting mine... Maybe these bearings are fresh out of the factory!!

Yes, your probably going to get them shortly. They had to wait for bearings from Japan. Once they had them my order came in two days. I always call and find out what is going on. This way they know your on the ball.

Well the bearings are in the freezer and I have my Heat Gun ready to warm up the wheels. Ran over to H.F. to pick up the bearing driver set so it's just a little while longer and I'll have the wheels ready to go back on the bike.

IMG_20150401_175125_zpsfgwc5pk8.jpg

Back