Rizoma Bar Weights

I bought a couple of Rizoma Bar End weights from PJs. Anyone have experience with these? It looks like I need to cut a quarter inch off of each grip to get the expansion nut to lock against the internal threads that Yamaha uses for the OEM weights.

It's not too bad on the port side, but this approach means I need to cut a little off the throttle as well.

Anyone have a better idea?

Have not had any experience with them but was considering getting them. I think I'll wait to hear your outcome first before getting them. Please let us know!

Here is what I wound up doing.

The first picture is where I started. I had bought nylon bar ends from this guy:

eBay My World - supply(n)demand

The next picture shows what the bar end looks like apart. It just so happens that the allen bolt that the Rizoma bar end comes with is the same as the aluminum ebay one.

I bought two more, removed the aluminum adapter, installed it in the bike, and bolted the Rizoma bar end to it. Through this process, I also bought PJ's Rizoma grips as an experiment.

The object of this was to try and stabilize the mirror better (i.e., add more weight). The nylon ebay ends weigh about the same as the Rizoma ones. Also, using just the rubber expansion nut that the Rizoma bar ends came with, the mirror vibration was the worst.

This should give me the best stability I can get, although, it will be very similar to what I started with the ebay ends, the stock grips and the grip puppies. At least is it all nice anodized, matching gold now.

If it ain't broke.................................... :eek:

Last edited:
Back