Rizoma Reverse Retro Bar-End Mirrors

Bought these from PJ's Parts. Easy to install, it's just a matter of finding a suitable bar end (I bought a non-tapered end off Ebay and sanded it down to the correct diameter).

This is the first step in my naked FZ1 project. I'm not going to worry about the old mirror mounts. I'm going to remove the fairing.

The mirrors are tinted blue for glare I guess. I think I have them turned backwards, but they have better visibility this way. Which, by the way, is better than the stock mirrors in spite of the much smaller size. I can use the entire mirror instead of dedicating some of the mirror area admiring my elbows.

They are very clear and don't suffer from any vibration. If you're considering new mirrors, these might be for you.

Yeah, after seeing another members Gen I in the "other" forum, I'm all about giving a barend mirror a shot and getting rid of the bugeyed oem. However, that'll probably occur after I get my Penske situated, but I do not know if I'll have the scratch for PJ, but then I'll cross that bridge when I get there....

Mirrors are spot on! :tup: When is the rest of the transformation occurring?

Great mirrors and you get super customer service from PJ. Placed my order (mirrors and bar ends) and had them within 3 days. Install was fast and easy and they are so much better than the stock mirrors.

Get them, you won't be disappointed.

Here is an idea of what you get. In the stock mirror you can just make out the glow of the headlights from my wife's car. In the Rizoma you can see the entire car.

Picture032.jpg

Picture009-1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a mirror watcher which comes from being rear-ended once and near near ended a coule times. I also like to know who/what's coming up behind me. I was wondering how much you lose in front end awareness when you have to look down towards your hands to see what's in your rear view. I know from experience that it only takes a second or two of having your attention taken away from what's coming up at 70-80 MPH to get a BIG surprise.

I'm a mirror watcher which comes from being rear-ended once and near near ended a coule times. I also like to know who/what's coming up behind me. I was wondering how much you lose in front end awareness when you have to look down towards your hands to see what's in your rear view. I know from experience that it only takes a second or two of having your attention taken away from what's coming up at 70-80 MPH to get a BIG surprise.

I was worried about this as well when I made the switch. However, I quickly learned that I could just cut my eyes over to the mirrors to check behind me and I can still see in front with my periphreal (sp?) vision.

Received the knockoffs. Excellent quality. Can't imagine Rizomas can be better value than this. Amazing CNC machining and fitment and quality. Sturdy mounts and come with adapters plus sturdy adjustment of the mirrors to withstand vibrations. Gonna install them on the stock bar end shafts.

Received the knockoffs. Excellent quality. Can't imagine Rizomas can be better value than this. Amazing CNC machining and fitment and quality. Sturdy mounts and come with adapters plus sturdy adjustment of the mirrors to withstand vibrations. Gonna install them on the stock bar end shafts.
Those are actually the Triumph ones they knocked off of Rizoma. The price is nearly as much as the Rizoma mirrors, and they are just less well made. They don't have the same range of mounting adjustment, and the optical quality isn't as good. If you're going that far with your Mirror $$$$, might as well get the real deal and go with the Rizomas.

Great mirrors and you get super customer service from PJ. Placed my order (mirrors and bar ends) and had them within 3 days. Install was fast and easy and they are so much better than the stock mirrors.

Get them, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks forthe kind words - we try! :party0011:

PJ, can you please elaborate on the more range of mounting adjustment?

We found out that there was a difference in the mounting adjustment when they would buy bar ends from us, then contact us to say that their Reverse Retro mirrors wouldn't fit the Rizoma Bar ends, and we looked at the record and realized they hadn't bought the mirrors from us, but thought they were the exact same mirror, and would be upset at US because they couldn't get the knockoff to work. I think the inside diameter is smaller, and there isn't as much adjustment.

It gets really frustrating for us, because customers call with problems and we want to help them, but they didn't buy an exact replica, they bought a knock-off, and the place they bought them won't help them. We deal with this with the Real Rizoma parts too.. some half-assed dealers will tell folks that the parts aren't available or that they can't get repair parts, while we've got them on the shelf.. We actually have customers who don't believe we stock some parts, because their dealer told them "You can't get those parts in the U.S."

Last edited:
that is the beautiful thing about PJ -- if he says he has it, or can get it, you'll get what you ordered and not some "knock off" that others may try to pass off....

Adam

Back