RZ 350 Kenny Roberts Edition

how much you want for her??

That's a good question amevl . . . . I have had several inqiuries along that line.

I have resisted listing it her 'for-sale' simply because I would have to include a price if I do (forum rules). And, since I am still pondering the thought of selling the RZ, , , , , what would I have to have? :chat:

Someone will eventually catch me in a weak moment, and I'll blurt out a 'price', and that someone will say , , , , I'll take it. w00t!

I do know if I was to have a weak moment, and Billy hit's the lottery, it will be gone , , , he is keeping a very close eye on the ol' girl. :D

Well, you must have done something wrong Gary! I have a whole baggie full of nuts and bolts! :eek5:

Funny you should say that , , , I had a bag of bolts marked lower cowling. I had cleaned them on the wire wheel and put them up with the rest of the small parts and pieces.

When I couldn't find them, I panicked. I just couldn't believe I misplaced them. No way. Days later, while moving things around, there they were. Under the towels I had used to cover and protect the ABS panels that I had so carefully cleaned and waxed. WHEWWW !!

I would imagine that the nuts and bolts you have left were, in fact, replaced with NEW ones to spruce up the YZF !! You are much too good of a wrench to leave anything undone or have any extras like that when you are all finished . . . . . . . . . .. :D

Funny you should say that , , , I had a bag of bolts marked lower cowling. I had cleaned them on the wire wheel and put them up with the rest of the small parts and pieces.

When I couldn't find them, I panicked. I just couldn't believe I misplaced them. No way. Days later, while moving things around, there they were. Under the towels I had used to cover and protect the ABS panels that I had so carefully cleaned and waxed. WHEWWW !!

I would imagine that the nuts and bolts you have left were, in fact, replaced with NEW ones to spruce up the YZF !! You are much too good of a wrench to leave anything undone or have any extras like that when you are all finished . . . . . . . . . .. :D

Okay, you got me. They are actually all the hardware replaced with Tony's better looking stuff! Hahaha!!:evillaugh:

Haveing that much trouble selling something will only lead to heart ache. Get that beast running and enjoy it some. then when someone offers top dollar,sell

Ahhh , , , good point. I don't need no heart ache. Now to get the beast ready to:
RUN, , , ,
SELL, , , ,
run/sell, run/sell, dang , , , , daaaaaang , , ,, ,, :ugh:

Ohh , , , I feel a weak moment coming on , , , , , , ,, ,:evillaugh:

Have you priced the parts you will need or contacted any other shops around you? are there any dirt bike or four wheeler shops around you they are probley good with that engine?

Have you priced the parts you will need or contacted any other shops around you? are there any dirt bike or four wheeler shops around you they are probley good with that engine?

I have Mike. Everyone is swamped. Finding a MC shop this willing to look at an older model on fairly short notice is not going to happen, around here at least . . . ! heh,heh, Maybe this winter when things slow down.

The only parts I've sourced so far:
Replace the CDI with an OEM one = $699.
Aftermarket one (programable) = $400.+
Bridgstones F/R installed = $390.
New XX 520 chain 106L = $92.
Battery = $72.
New K&N AF = $70.
New Boysen reeds = $80.
New cushion Pro grips = $27.
Misc. = $150.

I figure about another $1500.+ on top of what I paid for her just to get her road worthy and reliable . . . .

If I go ahead with the "sale" now. . . . I will have a quicker, larger profit margin, and, I get to banter back and forth with all you great guys !! It's a lot of fun and, it keeps me peaked . . . .. heh,heh,heh, right Billy?? We just love the interaction . . don't we ?? :poke:

Also, by selling 'er more or less as is, , ,, the new owner can put his/her favorite tires on, favorite grips, filters, etc. and really make 'er his own.

Last edited:
img_6981.jpg

Back