Same cam. Non HD upload. Scrapin' pegs

ozzieboy

G'day. Another video with the Go Pro, but forgot I have to suscribe if I want to upload more than 1 HD vid per week....oops!

I tend to like to mash my pegs into the deck, and have heard the sparking is pretty groovy, but I'd only sort of glimpsed the fact that something was there....as you can imagine, mid corner is not the best time to check out your pegs...lol.

So I got it on video, and included some in this video.

Scraping pegs on Vimeo

Cheers
Mike

Thats some awesome video Mike! The camera angles were great and the peg scrapping sequences were inspiring. I hope that I'll be able to post some of my own once we get back from the Dragon next September.

And wow! So thats how the rear brake works! I don't think I have ever used mine except being stopped at a light on a steep hill and having to use my brake hand for something.

Keep the cool vids coming!:cheers:

That is some awesome camera work mate, well done...

Some questions for ya..
what camera are you using? how are you mounting it? what tyre are you running and what size exactly?

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

That is some awesome camera work mate, well done...

Some questions for ya..
what camera are you using? how are you mounting it? what tyre are you running and what size exactly?

Keep up the good work,

Cheers

+1 and how often do you replace the feelers..... eventually took mine off.. but ended up putting them back on.... the feelers are cheaper to replace rather than the the actual foot peg..... kinda sucks the feelers puts that little bit of limit back

+1 and how often do you replace the feelers..... eventually took mine off.. but ended up putting them back on.... the feelers are cheaper to replace rather than the the actual foot peg..... kinda sucks the feelers puts that little bit of limit back
I just replaced my "feelers" with bolts. if you can find some Titaium bolts you could put on a light show..lol. But be carefull. In dry weather you could start a fire in the woods. Ok.. i would be very hard... but I could happen..:rmwl:

Oh and btw.. nice video:tup:

I just replaced my "feelers" with bolts. if you can find some Titaium bolts you could put on a light show..lol. But be carefull. In dry weather you could start a fire in the woods. Ok.. i would be very hard... but I could happen..:rmwl:

Oh and btw.. nice video:tup:

also did that in a pinch but with home depot specials,, thay spark just as nice
cop actually pulled me over, he thought I had some kind of mechanical malfunction... this was in Pa. at first i thought crap another ticket,, but wasn't the case (thank god) real nice guy truly concerned that I had a mechanical issue and just wanted to point it out before I continued on..
guaranteed if it was NY it would of ended up with another court date

Hey Mike, great Videos! I really like the one with the FZ1 and FZ6 in South Oz.
You hold some good lines...what sort of speed are you carrying through those tight corners? I'm inspired! Makes me want to ride some Ozzie roads for a change of scenery!
Thanks...another dream to reach for!
Janice

Sorry about the lack of replies folks. I'm not quite sure how I missed them. I think it was around the time my PC had a major meltdown.:doh2:

Yup, that rear brake is a great tool for going into bends and getting back on the gas without a Fuel cutoff eliminator.

Go Pro HD. All the shots in that one were usung the plastic clips with double sided tape that come with the motorsport pack from Go Pro. Rear tire at that stage was a BT015 I think. 190 50. Worked great but because of the soft suspension, it died in a very short time.

As for the feelers. I use bolts. I've gone for a 20 minute ride and been through the bolt heads and started on the peg itself. I go through heaps of the things. I need to revalve and spring the rear shock, and get some Valtemoto Rearsets with off set plates. Mostly it's the 235lbs of me on stock suspension though.

Ah yes. The FZ1&6 one, I was sorta cruising, as I had people either following me or in front of me, and some of them don't like to go fast, and I don't want to upset them and not have them go on more rides. So I let people catch up and then hoot through a corner to keep me sane...lol. I've got a more recent one on youtube that's a bit nicer:smokin2: *digs out link*

YouTube - ozziedudemike's Channel

Try it on 720p.

As for speeds......The speed limit?:innocent::Liar:

Depends on the bend. Some 25's are good for 50. Some are good for 75.

As a rough guide though, if you see me change gears after a tight bend, I'm changing into second, and doing so around 11,500revs (120-ish). If you see me changing gears again it's the same revs (168-ish).

There's a really nice road, where nearly all the bends are 90kays, and the view through the corner is perfect, there's no traffic and the surface is sweet as....You won't see much video of that road, 'cause they'll lock me up and crush my bike....lol. I know this one bloke on a FZ1:innocent: who likes to do some of those 90km/h corners at 240.

I missed this one altogether Mike.

Great vids yet again! I need to get out and snap some off as soon as it is a bit warmer here.

Sparks..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

Hey Ozzie, what kind of editing software are you using?

I got some software, from AVS4U and it is a bit like Movie Maker, only better. It has more effects and transitions etc. But it doesn't much care for Full HD. It's OK with 720p, but because of the method of compression used by the Go Pro to get tons of vid on one card, there are only a few bits of software that can do it well. still, for now I'm just as happy to go with the 720p as I can just turn on the camera and it runs for ages before filling up the card.

I missed this one altogether Mike.

Great vids yet again! I need to get out and snap some off as soon as it is a bit warmer here.

Sparks..... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! :D

Must be getting close up there mate. I can just imagine you opening the blinds in the morning hopping from one foot to the other like a kid at xmas...lol.

Looking forward to seeing some of your vids. Now with this HD stuff it's almost like being there.

Must be getting close up there mate. I can just imagine you opening the blinds in the morning hopping from one foot to the other like a kid at xmas...lol.

Looking forward to seeing some of your vids. Now with this HD stuff it's almost like being there.

I did fill two 4 GB cards last weekend @ 720p 60 fps.... but I am having trouble getting clips out. It was fairly boring video so I just wanted some samples out of it. I need a damned Mac. Video editing there is effortless!

I've been through about 3 tanks of fuel in the last couple weeks but the days are coming where I'll be out all day. Next weekend is supposed to be the best thus far so I'm planning to make a run to the White Mtns. :D

You pegged me! Bouncing is an understatement! Gave me time to get all the mods done though. :tup:

Take care Mike!!

I did fill two 4 GB cards last weekend @ 720p 60 fps.... but I am having trouble getting clips out. It was fairly boring video so I just wanted some samples out of it. I need a damned Mac. Video editing there is effortless!

I've been through about 3 tanks of fuel in the last couple weeks but the days are coming where I'll be out all day. Next weekend is supposed to be the best thus far so I'm planning to make a run to the White Mtns. :D

You pegged me! Bouncing is an understatement! Gave me time to get all the mods done though. :tup:

Take care Mike!!

This one apparently works OK with the Go Pro, but you might want to look into it first..... Sony Vegas Platinum....I don't know a lot about it.

For editing, I use Cyberlink PowerDirector... it's feature packed... but it's easy to get sidetracked adding all kinds of effects....

You guys are making me want a GoPro... anyone have one they want to let me borrow for next (Easter) weekend? ... I'm heading to VA to put new tires on.... then.. the weather is looking gorgeous.... time to break in a new set of tires and knee pucks...

Last edited:
For editing, I use Cyberlink PowerDirector... it's feature packed... but it's easy to get sidetracked adding all kinds of effects....

You guys are making me want a GoPro... anyone have one they want to let me borrow for next (Easter) weekend? ... I'm heading to VA to put new tires on.... then.. the weather is looking gorgeous.... time to break in a new set of tires and knee pucks...

Cool. Thanks mate. Another one to check out. Adobe Prem is supposed to be awesome too, but I'm assuming pretty pricey.

The quality straight from the camera in full HD is spectacular. It totally baffles me how this tiny little camera can pull it off...lol.

Hey, I just took a look at my Nero 9...never even looked at it before....lol. It edits movies also and although it's very basic, it seems to be doing a great job of making it run smoothly.....will keep you posted.

Back