San Antonio, TX anybody???

coalt45

I was just wondering is there any good ridding in or around San Antonio? There is a chance that I am going to get selected to become a MTI at Lackland, right near San Antonio.

Second question anything fun to do right around there perferably something that is outdoors like hiking, mountian biking, just something thats fun to do.

We were in San Antonio in August of 2009 for about 5 days. It was very hot and humid. Funny, I lived in San Antonio for five years as a kid and don't remember the heat being an issue. We did mostly touristy stuff while we were there. The BBQ place that we went to about 1.5 hours outside of San Antonio was very good:

Welcome to KreuzMarket.com!

There is a lot of great riding just outside of San Antone. Up 16 out to Kerrville, then there are tons of freshly paved bi-ways out towards Hondo and the other way to Canyon lake. Riding is about the only thing that I actually miss about SA. Check out SAN ANTONIO'S SPORTBIKE FORUM

Lots of things to do there too. You can float the Guadalupe and Comal river. There is also some good camping up in Hill Country National Area. North Padre Island isn't too far either for some beach camping.

It's hot there, the traffic sucks, and Lackland isn't in the best area - but my wife and I enjoyed it while we were stationed there (Randolph AFB).

bro, I'd buy a wr450 and do some dirt down there. Maybe baja designs can street legal it for ya.

What's a 'mti?'

bro, I'd buy a wr450 and do some dirt down there. Maybe baja designs can street legal it for ya.

What's a 'mti?'

Sorry 'MTI' stands for Military Training Instructor. In charge of training new recruits. I have a YZ 250 that I plan on using for the dirt pretty sure it can't be made street legal but well see.

Some of the best riding in Texas is had West, North, and East of San Antonio. 30 minutes in any direction is great. Just head up 281 and take any farm and market road you come across going east or west.

I just wish my company would open an office there so I could move.

Back