Sargent Seat Visual Comparison

MrHix

Hi,

I haven't had a chance to ride with it yet, but I thought I would post a picture comparison of the Sargent seat compared to the stock one.

The seat is wider and more dished at the blue arrow areas, has more of a rise at the green arrow area, and does not have the well defined sinkhole at the area of the purple arrow.

It does feel quite a bit firmer than stock, but distributes my weight (145 lbs) across a broader area.

I'll try and remember to post a riding impression when the temp gets above 32 degrees or so here in MO. Maybe this March?!?

Cheers,

MrHix

It certainly looks more comfortable than a stock seat. Tony seems to like his a lot.

Sargent has been around for a long time and does do great work. Even better is they are willing to customize it for a very fair price should you want changes... even if you're not the original owner. ;)

Yea, I do like my Sargent seat a lot. However, the way the seat is shaped even after a couple of hours I am ready for a break.

IMG_0745.jpg

Last edited:
So are the Sargent seat not comfortable for long drives? How much does the pair cost?

The Sargent seat is more comfortable than the stock one, but still not great for long drives (at least for me). I mean 200 miles in one day is fine, but 400 would be uncomfortable to say the least. As for pricing, depending on the options, somewhere around $500 for the front and rear set. Just look on their website for more details if you want.

Check around for prices. I got mine from Motorcycle Superstore for less than $400. That's for both complete seats. Watch out, some places only supply the rider seat and REAR SEAT COVER!

Cheers,

MrHix

Back