SaS-Tec New Armor

I was down at the BMW dealer picking up my Rev'IT Rotor pants today. While I was there the salesman asked if I wanted to upgrade the back protector in my Rev'IT Air jacket. The OEM BP is foam; it's only purpose it to keep the jacket flapping around. Being an ATGATT guy (well most of the time, don't ask Fred about our trip to Leakey and my trip to the grocery store) I'm always looking for better protection. He went to the back of the shop and came out with a SaS-Tec BP.

SaS-Tec is an active armor. It is soft and pliable but when it takes a blow and immediately hardens to dissipate the force. The cool thing is there are no sharp edges to cut you if you crash.

This stuff is wild. I'd heard of the Army working on a similar type of idea for body armor.

The cost is very reasonable, $34.95 for the BP. They make hip protectors too, that is on my shopping list for next month.

Sas-Tec Protektoren | Sicherheit aus Schaum - Home

Last edited:
Don't feel bad. The other day I actually rode to work in a tee shirt!:nono: I know, guilty as charged.:surrender:

The problem is that I don't yet have any summer jacket to wear and with just two leather jackets in my arsenal, I'd die of heat exhaustion. I'm running over to CycleGear this Saturday after work to see if I can pick up a mesh jacket on sale. I need one terribly. My other problem is that September is right around the corner and I need to get the Olds in order with rear suspension and a trailer hitch, not to mention a full tune-up! If I could only hit that lotto!

I saw a show on Discovery about this stuff quite a while ago and thought, "That would be COOL stuff for rider's gear! We are all about an impact and hard armor protection but want flexible comfort while riding." Perfect! But, at the time, I thought "This would be priced WAY over a rider's head and make gear too costly." But, seeing this price? I can't even buy a half-way decent hard BP for the track for that money!

So, with that in mind, would it be acceptable at a track event? They are sort of strict here about a back protector.

Thanks!

I saw a show on Discovery about this stuff quite a while ago and thought, "That would be COOL stuff for rider's gear! We are all about an impact and hard armor protection but want flexible comfort while riding." Perfect! But, at the time, I thought "This would be priced WAY over a rider's head and make gear too costly." But, seeing this price? I can't even buy a half-way decent hard BP for the track for that money!

So, with that in mind, would it be acceptable at a track event? They are sort of strict here about a back protector.

Thanks!

No, for the track I'll stick with my Knox Aegis Race. It covers from tail bone to the base of my neck. The SaS Tec is smaller to fit inside of the jacket, back protector pocket. It has kidney pads too.

Knox Aegis Back Protector 8 Plate Race from KnoxArmorUSA.com

I was down at the BMW dealer picking up my Rev'IT Rotor pants today. While I was there the salesman asked if I wanted to upgrade the back protector in my Rev'IT Air jacket. The OEM BP is foam; it's only purpose it to keep the jacket flapping around. Being an ATGATT guy (well most of the time, don't ask Fred about our trip to Leakey and my trip to the grocery store) I'm always looking for better protection. He went to the back of the shop and came out with a SaS-Tec BP.

SaS-Tec is an active armor. It is soft and pliable but when it takes a blow and immediately hardens to dissipate the force. The cool thing is there are no sharp edges to cut you if you crash.

This stuff is wild. I'd heard of the Army working on a similar type of idea for body armor.

The cost is very reasonable, $34.95 for the BP. They make hip protectors too, that is on my shopping list for next month.

Sas-Tec Protektoren | Sicherheit aus Schaum - Home
Great stuff aint it !!! I sell Rev'It Clothing in the UK and a few of the Rev'it garments have used the Sas-Tec Armour as standard, hard to believe what it actually does in regards to the change in the molecular structure ey !!! The guys at Rev'It are great !! Once u use it, there is no changing to another manufacturer !! You get HOOKED !!! Enjoy

Seth

Back