Series 2 shock re-valving

I agree, the front end is pretty good. I do find the first part of the travel to be rather soft. I'm thinking a single rate spring would eliminate that. I also saw the Race Tech has compression damping disks. I'd like to get some feedback on that mob before I dig into the fork however.

Those lap times sound very fast. I think the shock rework will get you that much closer.

How did you lose so many Ks? That is a lot of weight for a short period of time.

Ask Wolfman about Race Tech springs. From memory I don't think he was super impressed (may have been someone else I was talking to though...lol.) but from what I gather the Race Tech gold valve internals are just fine.

So it looks like Buildercher might have nailed that one with the Ohlins springs and Race Tech internals.

The Z thou in my last vid ran a 1:17 with overheating rear brake and warped disc (he uses the rears a lot. Even had to run off the track a few times after the main straight). He's certain he can get 1:14 with brakes, and he's done hundreds of laps of Mallala on a few different bikes. So if he can get that, I should be right to knock off a couple more seconds. Not bad for my second time at the track on a stock FZ1 if I can pull it off...lol.

Atkins diet lost me my weight. It's slowing down a bit now, but it's still going.

In the front i replaced the springs with Ohlins and used the racetech gold valve- rebound kit & new oil. I found the front felt wooden standard and the rebound pathetic. The front feels good even without touching the compression, my suspension tech has spoken to the local racetech rep and they are wiling to swap the 1/2 unused rebound kit for the compression kit for free if i want, but i am happy for now to run it the way it is untill the next service. On the track the bike feels awesome and on the road it feels even better than standard. I looked at installing theTraxxion AK-20 internals but the racetech kit and Ohlins springs were 1/4 price incl shipping and i got a good deal @ hardracing.com for the whole set-up with the shock.

Yes the racetech kit is good, on the track what tyres are you running?. I have been running Metzeler k1 front % k2 rear and now run the K3 i love these tyres and the k3 give decent milage on the road and awesome grip with no funny buisness. I haven't time myself on track with the FZ1 but i compare myself to the guys i run with around me. With the suspension up-grades nobody get passed me in the in-field i make the "power rangers" look silly on a regular basis. I think most guys look at the FZ1 and underestimate it as a sportsbike, all my mates that have ridden my bike rave about the power and handling not to forget 10/10 fun factor.

Race tech gold valve internals not available for 06 FZ1 rear....AAAAARGGH!

Went down to order the bits in today. No joy. Back to the old drawing board:(

RRP for YA906 Ohlins.....wait for it......1500 clams....get really intimate with a duck! Currently considering going down the same path as Hellgate, and getting the upgradeable Penske Shock...will have to wait for that and not ride my bike...bugga!

hardracing.com, these guys sell Penske and racetech. They are the cheapest around check out there website.

I bought my Penske here: Penske Motorcycle Shocks: triple adjustable shock, 2-way adjustable shock, single emulsion

$556 for the base shock from them. They were the cheapest I'd found on that shock. Everyone else was $625.

$755 for the Penske with a remote, an outstanding price.

I've used Hard Racing before, very good shop. I got my FZ6 Ohlins double from them for about $710 shipped. For this project they quoted about $928 on the Ohlins, not a bad price at all.

hardracing.com, these guys sell Penske and racetech. They are the cheapest around check out there website.

I bought my Penske here: Penske Motorcycle Shocks: triple adjustable shock, 2-way adjustable shock, single emulsion

$556 for the base shock from them. They were the cheapest I'd found on that shock. Everyone else was $625.

$755 for the Penske with a remote, an outstanding price.

I've used Hard Racing before, very good shop. I got my FZ6 Ohlins double from them for about $710 shipped. For this project they quoted about $928 on the Ohlins, not a bad price at all.

Race Tech do the forks but not the rear. Not enough people opening them up I guess.

Yup. Already check Hard Racing. $953 on their web site for the YA906 ($1,055-ish Aussie Dollars). Plus shipping.

Even at $625, that's only around $700 OZ (too lazy to convert...lol) plus shipping. Definitely do-able. I can get the remote later, after I've saved some money on tires. I have only gone for very short rides for the last few weeks, to save some dollars, so I may be able to get it pretty soon:party0011:.

Thanks for the links and info guys. :D

Update.....Penske 8900E on its way:shine:. Thanks Pete:cheers:. That is a freaking awesome price, and I can upgrade it with the remote soon....SWEET!:sinister:

Update.....Penske 8900E on its way:shine:. Thanks Pete:cheers:. That is a freaking awesome price, and I can upgrade it with the remote soon....SWEET!:sinister:

Result mate, i am sure you will be over the moon with the Penske, you got a very good deal. Post some pics when you get it installed.

I hope we like them! Mine shipped yesterday and is due in this Friday. I can hardly wait! I'll post up photos, etc. :flash:

Back