Servicing costs?

Hi just wondering how much everyone pays for servicing? Got a rough quote for 10000km $300. Only getting it done for warranty.

Last edited:
Hi just wondering how much everyone pays for servicing? Got a rough quote for 10000km $300. Only getting it done for warranty.

What are they going to service? check brake fluid level, coolant level, do an oil change, clean air filter, check tire pressure & maybe change spark plugs probably not for $300?
I am sure they will not grease the steering or swing arm bearings or check valve clearance.
I would do the above maintenance myself & save $200.

Blanchy, my 09 N model's warranty ended last month. I do most of my own service work but I was quoted $100 to sync. the injection system and $60 to change the brake fluid. I spend $90 alone for an oil change with Motul 5100 and oil filter - my labour. So, I reckon $300 would be about right. Cost oil, oil filter, coolant change, brake fluid change, fuel injection sync. and maybe spark plugs. Adds up. To change the plugs I think the radiator needs to come off or be lowered. Not due till 20k but they should be checked. Then labour cost. Winter riding sucks in Melbourne but still getting one long day ride in each week!!! Cheers.

Last edited:
Do all my own work but I do want to keep my warranty. Just asking what everyone else is paying. I expect to pay twice as much in Australia as you would in the US

Do all my own work but I do want to keep my warranty. Just asking what everyone else is paying. I expect to pay twice as much in Australia as you would in the US
I would be asking for a list to see what is being done for your own interest and future servicing,but I would be letting them do it this time, to keep your warranty

The major recommended service intervals you are close to are 8,000 mile or 12,000 mile.

On 12,000 mile check up the following are the only things different from other regular 4,000 mile service intervals according to the Yamaha manual.

1.) Repack Steering Bearings.
2.) Replace Brake hoses every 4 years regardless of mileage.
3.) A check of proper functioning of AIS is recoomended at 8,000 miles and then every 4K miles after that.

Probably different rules in ozz , but over here in the uk you can service your own vehicles and still claim warranty , I did it myself with a new Suzuki back in 2005 and had warranty work and recalls done no prob .

Back