Shad luggage - Any good?

baggy

I have been looking for a top box and rack for my FZ1 Fazer. I stumbled across a make called Shad which is much cheaper than GIVI here in the UK and looks easier to fit.

I just wondered if anyone else had tried it and if it was any good?

It's a pretty prominent brand and I've never heard anything bad about them. I don't know much about them but I should expect they will do the job.

I use Givi cases but the top case I have came with my FZ1. When I sold it, I kept it. I don't think I'd cough up the $300 or whatever this V46 costs if I was to buy it new. It is pretty nice, though.

Here's another options for a nice cheap box. I've been using a $80.00 Ebay large trunk for about 1 year and it still getting the job done. I will replace it with this one next... mine doesn't have any lights.

T-Box 929 (46 Ltr)

Their box is acceptable. Their mounting kit/rails are trash. In the 2 yrs i owned the fz1, i went through 3 kits. They were replaced under warranty, but still a hassle. The rails are thin wall aluminum with no reinforcement in critical/stressful areas. Trash IMO. Had I not had an existing shad trunk from the last bike, I would of gone with something else.

A guy on the other site swears by the swmotech rails. On the c14, I just ran the top plate bolted directly to the bike's subframe, so no rails were involved at all. Actually, the top plate was bolted to a 1/2" thick aluminum plate, which was then bolted to the bike's subframe. The entire assembly was going nowhere. Very solid.

On the gpz, i used the givi rails/mounting kit. In the 10 years of owning the setup, I had one failure. It was at a point where the wingrack attached to one of the rails. Givi replaced the rails free of charge even though it was way out of warranty.

Looked similar to this
y166f.jpg

I have been looking for a top box and rack for my FZ1 Fazer. I stumbled across a make called Shad which is much cheaper than GIVI here in the UK and looks easier to fit.

I just wondered if anyone else had tried it and if it was any good?

a riding buddy bought the Shad side bags. After his first trip he replaced them with Givi. Apparently they distorted under load and wouldn't seal.

Back