Shocking Experience?

One of the weak areas of the FZ is the rear shock. I think Yamaha buys them in mass for the entire FZ line; must be one heck of a discount. Regardless I am going to replace it. I'm looking at the Penske 8100, the Elka two way with remote, and the Ohlins with remotes.

I had the remote Ohlins on my FZ6 and it was a huge improvement. The bike much more composed, and it was smoooth.

I'm wondering what experience others have had with the Penske and the Elka? Honestly I'm leaning towards the Elka because it looks like the best value at $759, Penske is $779, the Ohlins is $953 for the YA906.

Thoughts?

I still can't find any low risers, this is maddening! :rant:

Buy used. I recently got a Penske 8983 perfectly set for my weight and riding style. Took almost a year to find :D at the right price. Elka is a great bargain at the price with remote adjustable everything but I think Penske are better from what I have heard. Talk with Lee at Traxxion. He will hook you up. Even if you are wanting the front redone with AK-20s that give you rebound and comp in each leg.

I posted a thread a while back. Check out those options. Nitron and HyperPro are other great cheaper options.

Last edited:
Back