Shoei RF1100

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecruz

Selling an as new RF1100. Bought it new, it just doesn't fit me quite right. I've worn it maybe 10 times. It still has that new helmet smell. :)

There's not a mark on the helmet or the shield. I have the bag, original box, extra pads & the outside shipping box.

Asking $395. I paid about $500 plus shipping.

Shoei.jpg

I've got a Bell Vortex. I bought the RF 1100 to replace it. I've owned Shoei's in the past, but this one just doesn't fit me.

I've currently got an RF 1100 and I'm picking up an Arai Corsair V this week. I've been shopping for one for a while. That Arai model is a perfect fit for my mellon and it will be my first Arai. Finally going to do it. Alot more pricey of course. I've put up with other helmets that were functional but never fit the best. The RF 1100 is a good helmet and is ok, but now I'm going to get the Arai. As you may know, their models fit (by design) differently for different shaped heads. I guess I'll find out if it is worth the extra coin.

I also wear an XL in helmet and currently have the RF-1000. If you also buy an XL as the norm, did you find this helmet too loose or too tight? Thanks!

I also wear an XL in helmet and currently have the RF-1000. If you also buy an XL as the norm, did you find this helmet too loose or too tight? Thanks!

The problem for me is, I'm right on the line between a Large an and X-large. If I measure the circumference of my head, depending on the helmet, I will literally be between sizes.

I would say the fit is true to what I'd consider an XL, ever so slightly big for me. I could live with it, but for what it cost, I want it to be perfect.

The problem for me is, I'm right on the line between a Large an and X-large. If I measure the circumference of my head, depending on the helmet, I will literally be between sizes.

I would say the fit is true to what I'd consider an XL, ever so slightly big for me. I could live with it, but for what it cost, I want it to be perfect.

You could always just buy cheek pads for it and keep it. Just a thought.

You could always just buy cheek pads for it and keep it. Just a thought.

It's not the cheeks, it's more my actual noggin'. :) It's hard to explain, suffice it to say, I've owned MANY motorcycle & bicycle helmets over the years and this one just doesn't fit the way I'd like it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back