Shoei X-11

So, I screwed up my HJC . . . Bad.

That's another story though.

Anyhow, Cyclegear had a left over X-11 (X-12's just came out) I guess retail was in the 7-800 dollar range.

Got this one on clearance for $350.00. My size, my favorite design, and my pricepoint.

Couldn't be happier. This helmet breathes like crazy, is decently quiet for the amount of vents it has, very light, and the spoiler on the back keeps the head from jerking in anyway. I'm very happy with my purchase!

Helmet.jpg

That is a very nice helmet. Can't go wrong at that price. And to think that a while back you would have paid twice as much for that same helmet. Personally I've been eying the new Shoei RF-1100 in matte black. I can pick it up for around the same money (or maybe a little less).

That is a very nice helmet. Can't go wrong at that price. And to think that a while back you would have paid twice as much for that same helmet. Personally I've been eying the new Shoei RF-1100 in matte black. I can pick it up for around the same money (or maybe a little less).

I picked up a solid white RF-1100 for 289.99 from here: Shoei RF-1100 Motorcycle Helmets - Solid RF1100 Competition Accessories

For a mate black they want 309.99 delivered. :)) I love the helmet, just did a Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 last Sunday, the helmet flow enough air and was quiet enough, overall great comfort.

Careful with the matte black, I've had two of them now and the finish started to peal a little on both the scorpion and the icon and neither company would do anything for me. Apparently it's one of those styles that comes with fine print for finish warranty, but I'm sure there are people that have had a lot better experience than I've had.

Careful with the matte black, I've had two of them now and the finish started to peal a little on both the scorpion and the icon and neither company would do anything for me. Apparently it's one of those styles that comes with fine print for finish warranty, but I'm sure there are people that have had a lot better experience than I've had.

Hopefully the Shoei has better quality control and I don't end up with that issue, but thanks for bringing it up. Currently I have a Scorpion EXO-700 that has a matte finish to it and seems to be holding up fine, but it's not black. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Hope it works out well its a pretty good looking lid by the way and I'm sure with their quality control it will be fine. I just didn't want to see a fellow rider go through buying a nice helmet then end up looking like crap after half a season.

Back